Must be a lull in the rut

BowmanMike

So, I just sat in a great spot in a small woody strip between a swampy area and a hay field. I have been seeing loads of deer in the field just before dark driving by.

Tonight the wind was perfect and at 3 p.m. two does were in the corner of the field already.They kept me from setting up where I wanted to but my second choice was a good spot also. At around 4 p.m. does start filing out into the field and they work their way past my spot. None knew I was there and then went nice and slow. I lost count after 15 or so deer, maybe there were 20 altogether.

Here is the kicker though, not a buck in sight. I could not believe it, not even a spike horn. The does must all be bred or not in heat anymore. I guess the second rut is not happening yet.

I have never seen this many deer in shooting range and not one buck with them.

Good afternoon sit I guess, but my doe tag is used up already.

I have been hunting in monticello, and have seen four different bucks since sat morning  at different times of the day,all walking by me alone they seemed to be definitely looking for does but does are all over the place, they were in the hardwoods not the pines or in the thicker stuff  I hope they are still in rut this weekend I am also hoping for more hunters very little shots heard sat and following days after, all we can do is hope for the best I wish I had better still hunting skills maybe thats the ticket      all the best

So, I just sat in a great spot in a small woody strip between a swampy area and a hay field. I have been seeing loads of deer in the field just before dark driving by.

Tonight the wind was perfect and at 3 p.m. two does were in the corner of the field already.They kept me from setting up where I wanted to but my second choice was a good spot also. At around 4 p.m. does start filing out into the field and they work their way past my spot. None knew I was there and then went nice and slow. I lost count after 15 or so deer, maybe there were 20 altogether.

Here is the kicker though, not a buck in sight. I could not believe it, not even a spike horn. The does must all be bred or not in heat anymore. I guess the second rut is not happening yet.

I have never seen this many deer in shooting range and not one buck with them.

Good afternoon sit I guess, but my doe tag is used up already.

What county Havint seen to many bucks myself since opening day

Sunday morning about 745, the land owner shot an 8 point that was tending a doe out in a field. The buck actually mounted the doe twice and was in full hump mode….After the buck climbed off, the second time, the owner cracked him through the ribs with his .223