Do any of you choose slug gun over rifle?

Billdogge

I love my Deerslayer 2, and it has killed many deer in its day. But I love my rifle more! First year hunting with rifle for me. I like that it is so much lighter to carry, up and down these ridges. I like how it is lights out accurate from 20 to 200 yards or more. Not to mention, the recoil of a 7mm-08, is much easier on my bad shoulder.My granson will now get more time with the Ithaca than I will. She is not being retired, just making more memories with a young hunter.

I noticed that too, but it seemed like the shotguns were rarely 1 shot more like 3-5 but usually only 1 rifle "crack" at a time.

I think MOST guys are good out to 50 yards with a slugger, but can hit a deer out to 150 with a rifle. I keep noticing less and less shots every year on opening weekend.

Yea aside from 2-3 dollars per shell, unable to reload, long overall length and limited range. If it was shotgun only I would consider one but I'll stick with rifles, shotguns are for the birds.

I love my shotguns, but I like to use them for what they are designed for...

The common tern for shotgun was once " fowling piece"...GRIN...

• Like 1

Yea aside from 2-3 dollars per shell, unable to reload, long overall length and limited range. If it was shotgun only I would consider one but I'll stick with rifles, shotguns are for the birds.

I agree with some of ur points. Mentally I deviated from thread and was kind of just comparing my opinion of the best shotgun rifle substitute. So I agree with you. As far as "limited range". I'll give u that compared to a rifle but in regards to most other shotguns the 220 is more rifle then shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree that the 220 was designed as a "rifle" rather than a shotgun...

It is far more accurate and effective at longer range than the smoothbore shotguns that we all were required to use here in the southern zone when I started hunting back in the 1960s...