Why cant everyone just get along.

5.9cummins

Every day this site is getting more childish. I am beginning to think I am on AT and not a New York forum.

Some of this stuff would make for a good debate but we cant seem to keep it at that level. It quickly degrades into a childish pissing match the minute someone has a different point of view.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here and it could be a hunters helping hunters thing but if it goes the way of AT God helps us.

We are better than this - rant over :-\ .

For those of you that don't know AT = archerytalk.com

It's funny, but in all the years I have hunted I haven't come across too many hunters who are the type to sit around a campfire, holding hands and singing "Kumbaya".  Why should it be any different on this forum?  Just because we all might hunt don't mean we have to agree on everything and not debate issues.  Without debate nothing is ever resolved in life.

It's funny, but in all the years I have hunted I haven't come across too many hunters who are the type to sit around a campfire, holding hands and singing "Kumbaya".  Why should it be any different on this forum?  Just because we all might hunt don't mean we have to agree on everything and not debate issues.  Without debate nothing is ever resolved in life.

Hey look, I agree with steve!

:)

Me too :)

LOL^^

i like the debates, i have not really peeked into the threads with the name calling so im not sure about that aspect... It would be nice if there was alittle more open mindedness but its a forum and what you see is what you get on just about any open forum. There are some VERY knowledgeable guys on here and i enjoy hearing what they have to say and reading the opinions of others but sometimes things can tend to be monkey see monkey do and you tend to have some guys come on strong like they know everything and not really willing to back down, you know not even back down but atleast try to see the flip side of things. But at the end of the day, we seem like a good group of guys and i do enjoy this site very much and i am happy to be apart of it...

A good debate requires a respect of opposite opinion, and a respectful reply, even if one adamantly rejects the opposite opinion.  If one cannot debate a topic from a calm point of view, they are just arguing, not debating.

It's tempting for someone to drag a thread down into an internet version of a bar brawl when they cannot get the better of the other person.  What we need to remember is, the information in a debate thread isn't there to change the other guy's mind, that never happens in a debate.  The information is there to allow the interested audience to see both sides of the issue so they can make up their own conclusions.

Political debates are a good example.  If done right, you get the votes of the audience.  If done wrong, you get no votes.

It's the other people that decide which side of the issue to accept.  If the threads were posted with that in mind, I think we'd see far less venom involved.

From the old site to the new site.LOL! Some people get offended if you don't see things as they do. Personal attacks really don't make a whole lot of sense at all. But people are people no matter where you go. Too make personal attacks on the internet is easy. I like most have no problem with a good debate. When they get off the topic I look at another topic or ignore the posts of that type. I enjoy the success stories and the positive things with the outdoor sports. I've hunted long enough and have seen or met all types of people in the outdoors. Some have no reason being out there,nor should they have the right. But a majority of the sportsmen are people of good character and share the same excitement as I do.I don't let ,or allow people to piss on my parade. Hunting has become more of a competition . Rather than fellow sportsmen givin a thumbs up on someones success or experiences. Some turn their noses up or have nothing but negative skeptism. Thats their perogative in life. So be it. ;):)

Guys it seem a lot like the same petty stuff that was the demise of The empire Ny site. Lets not ruin this one too many sportsmen enjoy this site. We are many, they are few lets not get hijacked. We all have something to say just do it in a civil manner with respect for the opposite view. Lets share and appreciate what we get from this site. I enjoy the give and take like most of you, we all have our opinions and ideas to share and learn from each other.

Dave

Guys it seem a lot like the same petty stuff that was the demise of The empire Ny site. Lets not ruin this one too many sportsmen enjoy this site. We are many, they are few lets not get hijacked. We all have something to say just do it in a civil manner with respect for the opposite view. Lets share and appreciate what we get from this site. I enjoy the give and take like most of you, we all have our opinions and ideas to share and learn from each other.

Dave

Actually, I don't think we ever found out what caused the demise of the old site do we? I never did hear why it suddenly turned up dead.

Topics here will not be removed because its a heated debate, however I expect people to be mature. Some people have been asked privately to settle down.  Other then that, for the most part, the users have been amazing.  There is always going to be some arguments that go somewhat personal because people take some of these arguments to heart.  Repeated personal attacks / foul language / etc will not be tolerated here.  I prefer to not touch posts, but we will edit them if need be.  There were only a handful that I have edited to remove a curse or two.  We have yet to remove a topic other then a few that were posted by a spam bot, nor have we banned a person from posting. 

Yeah but there are guys that sit around the campfire, holding a beer that get so lit they start singing something unitelligable that might be KUMBAYA :D