Beer

Dom

attachicon.gif1203151912.jpg

To drink, I prefer Genny "cream ale" for lunch, "light" for supper, and "12-horse" for special occasions. For cooking, plain "red-label" Genny. By pure coincidence, I just posted this picture on another thread in the taxidermy section, but you can see the tap-handles for three of them on the front the "Beer-fridge" behind our bar.

You forgot two of my favorites: Genny with tomato juice (for breakfast) & Genny in the shower (duh). I don't drink anymore, but when I did, it was Genny all the way. People knock it, not sure why. Maybe just because it's the local guy. My sister lives out west, & says people pay top buck for a 6 pack of it. I've heard the same from people in the south. I loved Genny! All of it! (Way too much).

Support the local man!

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

You forgot two of my favorites: Genny with tomato juice (for breakfast) & Genny in the shower (duh). I don't drink anymore, but when I did, it was Genny all the way. People knock it, not sure why. Maybe just because it's the local guy. My sister lives out west, & says people pay top buck for a 6 pack of it. I've heard the same from people in the south. I loved Genny! All of it! (Way too much).

Support the local man!

can I just mail the brewery a check and not drink Genny?
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You haven't LIVED until you've experienced a Genny Cream Ale fart in a snowmobile suit.

I've emptied my share of Genny cans over the last 50 years...For quite a few years now, they have been mostly Genny Light.

However, in the last few months I have found myself buying Labatt's Blue Light more often.

Must be the onset of dementia... Now what was I talking about ?

• Like 2

We had a seasonal routine in the mid-70's: Schlitz in the winter because a friend of ours worked for the local distributor after construction season, and Rolling Rock during the summer because the general store in Port Gibson had returnable long-necks for about 3 1/2 bucks a case.

Genny was reserved for spring smelting trips with the dads, and for other special occasions.

• Like 1

PBR is still very popular at the American Legion Post that I belong to.

Remember Rhiengold ? When I was serving aboard a USN Destroyer home ported at Brooklyn Naval yard, every neighborhood bar had Rhiengold and Schaeffer's on tap, usually for about 20 cents a glass.

In the days between high school and the Navy, a best buddy and I used to buy a couple 6 packs of Piels pounders for 99cents a 6 pack and go sit on the banks of the Canisteo River and drink beer and fish for carp. He died from machinegun fire while walking point on a patrol in Vietnam in March, 1971. I was one of his pallbearers just one month before I reported for active duty in April 1971.

Schmidts, Black label, Iroquois....And don't forget STEGMAIR, 3 quarts for $1.00...

• Like 2

Aahh the oldies..Piels, Schaffer, Black Label,Schmitt's, The only one that surviver is PBR..Its  been our hunting camp beer for over 30 years… Its the only time of the year I drink the stuff..LOL!!

What about Schlitz, Lowenbrau, and Meister Brau?

Ack, Black Label and PBR. I would rather drink Milwaukee's Best.