Beer

Dom

I am a beer snob also..I only drink COLD...

Unless I can't get cold, then I'll settle for COOL...

Unless I can't get cool, then I'll settle for AMBIENT TEMP...

Unless I can't get ambient temp, then I'll settle for PISS WARM...

I draw the line at HOT, however...After all, I AM fussy about what beer I drink...

LOL...sounds like me. I drank some real swill when I was a younger guy and funds were tight....

To answer the question, any beer will work fine for beer batter, beer bread, or pot roast. I'd just use domestic, doesn't make much sense to cook with expensive micro-brews, that's more for drinking enjoyment. Same way most chefs don't cook with a $50 bottle of wine, they just use the jug of Carlo Rossi that's in the kitchen.

I picked up a 12 of Sierras summer this past summer and was surprised how good it was. Just this week I picked up a 6 of the Nooner on way over to see my dad and it was a bit after noon so couldn't resist and we had one and pleased as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Happy New year ALL !

I am sipping on a little dried beef glass about half full of Jack Daniels and drizzling a bit of LaBatts Blue Light behind it

Works for me..

BTW, I picked up the "wording" on the girl's shirt immediately.

I think I LOVE her !

• Like 1

PBR is still very popular at the American Legion Post that I belong to.

Remember Rhiengold ? When I was serving aboard a USN Destroyer home ported at Brooklyn Naval yard, every neighborhood bar had Rhiengold and Schaeffer's on tap, usually for about 20 cents a glass.

In the days between high school and the Navy, a best buddy and I used to buy a couple 6 packs of Piels pounders for 99cents a 6 pack and go sit on the banks of the Canisteo River and drink beer and fish for carp. He died from machinegun fire while walking point on a patrol in Vietnam in March, 1971. I was one of his pallbearers just one month before I reported for active duty in April 1971.

Schmidts, Black label, Iroquois....And don't forget STEGMAIR, 3 quarts for $1.00...

On a side note, here's a "hats off" to your friend. Thanks for your service.

Happy New year ALL !

I am sipping on a little dried beef glass about half full of Jack Daniels and drizzling a bit of LaBatts Blue Light behind it

Works for me..

BTW, I picked up the "wording" on the girl's shirt immediately.

I think I LOVE her !

Dried beef where did you find that?Must be an old glass lol!I cannot find any in local grocery store near by.I use to eat dried beef when my Mom cooked chipped beef over toast/biscuits

Dried beef where did you find that?Must be an old glass lol!I cannot find any in local grocery store near by.I use to eat dried beef when my Mom cooked chipped beef over toast/biscuits

No Dom, I just bought it at either Wegman's or Wallyworld, can't remember which one, within the last couple of weeks..It is the 2.5 oz. jar made by Hormel. Makes just enough chipped beef gravy for a meal for The Mermaid and I. She likes it on toast, I prefer it over mashed, boiled taters. They also have it in bigger jars AND in foil envelopes,by Armour, I believe, which are bigger and make enough for a couple of meals. Let me know if you can't find any..I'll buy some and mail it to you. I'll bet you could also order it online.

No Dom, I just bought it at either Wegman's or Wallyworld, can't remember which one, within the last couple of weeks..It is the 2.5 oz. jar made by Hormel. Makes just enough chipped beef gravy for a meal for The Mermaid and I. She likes it on toast, I prefer it over mashed, boiled taters. They also have it in bigger jars AND in foil envelopes,by Armour, I believe, which are bigger and make enough for a couple of meals. Let me know if you can't find any..I'll buy some and mail it to you. I'll bet you could also order it online.

I was being a wise ass just have not seen around in local store's.Funny how time passes and the way and what folks eat.Creamed chip beef is great I also like to eat it out of the jar before being rinsed.Must be a change in flavor from a glass jar and a foil package?

• Like 1

I was being a wise ass just have not seen around in local store's.Funny how time passes and the way and what folks eat.Creamed chip beef is great I also like to eat it out of the jar before being rinsed.Must be a change in flavor from a glass jar and a foil package?

I do the same thing, and if it tastes different out of the foil package I can't detect it..

A lot of guys who were in the service won't eat it because of memories of eating it in the service, probably in basic training.

Well, that **** on a shingle did NOT taste like what my Mom used to make..I make it like she did and it tastes great.

I do the same thing, and if it tastes different out of the foil package I can't detect it..

A lot of guys who were in the service won't eat it because of memories of eating it in the service, probably in basic training.

Well, that **** on a shingle did NOT taste like what my Mom used to make..I make it like she did and it tastes great.

Mom was a good cook/house wife and from my trials of her meals I cannot make the same way even with the same ingredents always something missing YUP Her touch.I do enjoy but not the way she cooked it

• Like 1

Tried some Not your father's root beer last night for the first time. Was interesting that a beer could taste like that by only adding spices and vanilla. I know it's been out for a while, just never tried it. Would make an excellent root beer float. Anyone else like it?

Tried some Not your father's root beer last night for the first time. Was interesting that a beer could taste like that by only adding spices and vanilla. I know it's been out for a while, just never tried it. Would make an excellent root beer float. Anyone else like it?

. I have and it's the best of the hard root beers out there. Spot on to A & W I thought got. Coney Island has one too but too medicine like. I did make a float and it was good. For awhile places had a waiting list for NYFRB. Buddy sold 14 cases in 3.5 hours when it was hot. Now you can find it everywhere. They make a 10% and 19% version too Only available at brewery though. Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

What I liked was the 5.9%abv. I thought it was a decent taste, but far too sweet for more than one I found. Also drink it as cold as possible. I set one down and returned to it, slightly below room temp and it was disgusting. I have not tried a float, but would assume it to be rather delicious.

What I liked was the 5.9%abv. I thought it was a decent taste, but far too sweet for more than one I found. Also drink it as cold as possible. I set one down and returned to it, slightly below room temp and it was disgusting. I have not tried a float, but would assume it to be rather delicious.

I agree that it was very sweet and being diabetic I have to limit my intake. I stopped at one but enjoyed it. Ill have to try the Best Damn root beer a few posts above too. Nothing I hate more than room temp or warm beer. Always has to be cold for me.

Cellar pull. 18% abv. 2008. They only brew this every 7 years. Its available this year in 12 ounce bottles

You are one serious guy when it comes to beer. I wish I was as adventurous. I've never even tried a Guiness before as I do not like dark beer. Smithwick is the darkest I've ever tried and was not my favorite.

Some people are into wine. I prefer good beer. Nearing 2500 different beers tried. Got into trading with out of staters for stuff we can't get here and vice versa. Only usually a couple at a time. I could stand to lose about 10-12 beer pounds lol. Guinness and Stella Artois are two of my least favorites. Some great local breweries putting some good beer out. Good to see.

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2