Beer

Dom

We have 5 breweries in my local area. My neighbor and I shared a few growlers this summer and I was impressed. I'm starting to appreciate it more but I am hesitant.I agree It is good to see some local guys doing well though and making a good product.

• Like 1

Some people are into wine. I prefer good beer. Nearing 2500 different beers tried. Got into trading with out of staters for stuff we can't get here and vice versa. Only usually a couple at a time. I could stand to lose about 10-12 beer pounds lol. Guinness and Stella Artois are two of my least favorites. Some great local breweries putting some good beer out. Good to see.

totally agree on the Stella and just about any beer in a green bottle.

7b97328eeab2b8e315d8c4ddcf9d88a6.jpg

Tried a Best Damn Root Beer tonight

...had a nice taste not the medicine after taste like Coney Island. Not your Father's is still #1 in my book.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That not your father's root beer is too flippin sweet, I could only stomach one. The ginger ale on the other hand is pretty tasty though!

That not your father's root beer is too flippin sweet, I could only stomach one. The ginger ale on the other hand is pretty tasty though!

Diabetes for sure . The ginger ale is pretty gingery . Both need ice and drank very cold I found. Coney Island hard root beer too much like cough syrup IMO

Had this last night. Very limited edition. Friend from beer store texts me when rare stuff shows up and holds a bottle for me.Bourbon barrel aged milk stout brewed with  cocoa, coffee, vanilla, peppers, nutmeg and cinnamon. 10 % abv. Pretty good but not worth the price. Could have spent more time in the bourbon barrels

post-4567-0-20909700-1453483455_thumb.jp

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Best beer experiences I've ever had: 

Pint of Guinness at the factory in Dublin. Amazing taste and awesome view.

Also, drinking Killkenny red stout also in Dublin. I really wish places would import this beer. It looks and feels like a Guinness except it's deep red color. Taste is creamy and tastes like a mix between Guinness and red ale. I found one place in NYC that has it on tap for $8. I try to grab a pint even I am down there.

Best beer experiences I've ever had: 

Pint of Guinness at the factory in Dublin. Amazing taste and awesome view.

Also, drinking Killkenny red stout also in Dublin. I really wish places would import this beer. It looks and feels like a Guinness except it's deep red color. Taste is creamy and tastes like a mix between Guinness and red ale. I found one place in NYC that has it on tap for $8. I try to grab a pint even I am down there.

I checked with my friend who is very in the know on beer. Indeed no distribution to NY  I did see it's available in Ireland in Epcot (Disney World ) lol

TF....does your buddy ever see Heady Topper in this area?? Or doesn't that leave Vermont

Heady can only be found in VT and even then it's difficult to locate. I've had Lawsons Liquids Sip of sunshine from VT, another hard to find stellar beer. And Pliny the Elder from CA which is another unicorn. I got those via a few beer trades.

I have been fortunate to have both pliny and heady a buddy living in Vermont brought a 6 pack home for the holidays last year and this summer another buddy gave me a Pliny that his cousin shipped him from San Fran....he shipped it under the pretence of it being olive oil since since shipping a 12 pack was a no no.

I have been fortunate to have both pliny and heady a buddy living in Vermont brought a 6 pack home for the holidays last year and this summer another buddy gave me a Pliny that his cousin shipped him from San Fran....he shipped it under the pretence of it being olive oil since since shipping a 12 pack was a no no.

Ya, shipping alcohol via the mail is a no no. Fed Ex and UPS are not fond of it but I've shipped a lot of homemade salsa, pickles, olive oil, snow globes  and lava lamps lol   They really never ask what's in the box however.

If can remember correctly he said the shipping from CA was 70.00!!

My buddies cousin is an engineer in Silicon valley so I assume cash is no problem!

Trade boxes I ship are routinely around 20 pounds. To NC, CA, TX and Montana. Never paid more than $30. Usually around $20.  If you ship to a business it's about 10-15 % cheaper than residential too.