Beer

Dom

I would consider myself very into home brewing.  It took me a long time to get to the point I'm at now but I can make pretty consistent, really good beers at a price way below store shelves.  Add up all the costs along the way however...I'm in pretty deep.  The point when I started making really good beer was when I upgraded my burner to get wort boiling quicker, got a 35 gallon stainless steel kettle and went to complete all grain brewing.  I buy hops by the pound directly from farmers to bring costs down and buy barley by the 55 pound sack.  I started with kits but wanted to do it all myself.  I typically use us-05 yeast and generally get pretty good productivity out of it.  I typically make IPA's, double IPA's and sessions.

• Like 3

Dom, on 28 Jan 2016 - 5:12 PM, said:

Frat party?had to reread I thought you wrote fat party girls.no party just afew beers

Dom....I'm with you, partner...Let's get together and drink some Busch, or Bud, or Genny, or Labatt's or some other lowbrow brew...

And REMEMBER, fat girls need love TOO !

• Like 1

I picture or dream of a beer place that i would describe as cafeteria style. So you go in and there is a magnificent line (s) of beers on draft.

You take your tray and proceed, you go from tap to tap and read its flavor profile. You fill your tray (or not) with 4ounce  testers.

You pay for testers at the end of the line.  Am i crazy or is there such a place ?

I picture or dream of a beer place that i would describe as cafeteria style. So you go in and there is a magnificent line (s) of beers on draft.

You take your tray and proceed, you go from tap to tap and read its flavor profile. You fill your tray (or not) with 4ounce  testers.

You pay for testers at the end of the line.  Am i crazy or is there such a place ?

Paula you are not crazy at all in 2 weeks in Our great state is beer week.This would be alot of fun to do.They have one of these In NYC every year

Ok I need help ! Dogfish Head stopped making my all time go to beer bar none couple years back.

Raison D' Etre , also one of the few beers I regular bought that did not adhere to Reinheitsgebot .

I'd tied other Belgium brown ales but none came close any ideas ? I've pretty much given up the search and drink mostly Hendricks gin and some whiskeys now .

Ok I need help ! Dogfish Head stopped making my all time go to beer bar none couple years back.

Raison D' Etre , also one of the few beers I regular bought that did not adhere to Reinheitsgebot .

I'd tied other Belgium brown ales but none came close any ideas ? I've pretty much given up the search and drink mostly Hendricks gin and some whiskeys now .

I am of no help with that.Gin and lemonade make an awsome combo.

this may help   DFH just released Higher Math at about 19 % abv. It's a dark ale but not a Belgian. I had it and it's quite similar to the other IMO

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/style/119/

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Ok Hegedrons market has it and that's about a mile from me ! Although I always check DFH there and don't remember it, perhaps it's in a different spot .

I'm,about to learn me some Higher Math.....

Our local places have it behind the counter as with Raison d extra its about $ 10 per 12 ounce bottle.

Our local places have it behind the counter as with Raison d extra its about $ 10 per 12 ounce bottle.

I bought the D'extra before and it's quite a bit different than the regular one, but I'm sure going to try the Higher Math, in about two hours in the hot tub with the Mrs.

She just"retired" if you count the company moving to Mexico and her sister died last week on my wife's birthday..... So,she could use a pick me up , and me in my bathing suit may or may not do,it alone !

Oh and thanks Paula.

• Like 1