Beer

Dom

I just finished a can of Genny cream-ale and cut the empty in half, hanging from wire on the clip at 15 yards, with 40 BB's from my daughter's Daisy red-ryder.   That was my best score yet, but it was from a seated position and using a rest.   After many years of mostly using scopes on my deer rifles, I am trying to get back into form with open sights in preperation for Adirondack deer hunting with my new Marlin 336 BL.   I fitted the Daisy with an aftermarket "big loop" and an adult-sized stock to make it almost dimensionally identical to the Marlin.   It still weighs much less, but that big iron loop gets it closer than it was with the little plastic one that it came with.   

It was taking me about 100 shots to do that when we first started this new "shooting game".   It gets a little harder when the bottom half of the can is hanging from the last narrow shard of aluminum, requiring "pin-point" accuracy.  A little wind, or the can swinging from the previous hits also adds to the difficulty.   Off-hand is bit tougher, but when I start cutting them cans in half consistently with less than 50 shots from that position, I will be almost ready to take on the deer in the fall with the Marlin.  A final step prior to that will be making sure I can pop milk jugs filled with water consistently with the 30/30 from about 50 yards.  I went 2/3 on those the week I picked up the new rifle and got to get better before deer season.  In the mean time, the BB-gun / beer-can game is a good economical way to practice shooting and it also ties this beer thread in with the hunting theme.   

I wonder how long the deposit on cans will remain at 5 cents.  If they every raise it, I will have to invent a different  shooting game to keep my venison input costs under control.        

• Like 1

Watching Sox/Jays laying low. 35 person pool party tomorrow. Will be filled with debauchery.

7f57ed299c5e002936a65dfa71de56cf.jpg&key=4a1fc4ef118d3e7363f4a392698c4bf7020ace31640ee42be180e0382425d9bf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know Du claw had distro in NY. Had a Sweet baby Jesus years back acquired in a trade. Peanut butter Porter. Quite good I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Three Heads, giant panda IPA . Like to support them , it's made 1/2 mile from my firehouse .

worked Thur night fri  night Sat day and night . 52 hours , a few hours sleep. Two of these st 8.7 ....

IMG_4424.PNG

• Like 3