Beer

Dom

Local brewer nailed this one.  Coffee Cup is similar to my standby favorite, Founders Breakfast Stout.  Maybe a slightly thinner profile, but no less enjoyable.  I'd love to see Common Roots collab with another brewery that has a good barrel-aging program to really make this one special. :drinks:

20190124_173857.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How many Singlecut beers are there ?! e66e86126015d6751c7205405578b9ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get an answer for you on that tomorrow.  Turns out they recently opened up a local storefront in my backyard and I missed it.  D'oh!

https://dailygazette.com/article/2019/01/06/singlecut-opens-clifton-park-store-taproom-in-progress

12 hours ago, Jdubs said:

TF, have you had this one?  It's a 9% DDH IIPA and being released here tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1548384573801.jpg

Have not had that one      I tallied Singlecuts beers available   137 but did notice a good dozen or so with 1 or very few reviews so probably listed twice or wrong  120 is probably more accurate

I cleared my calendar this afternoon to check out the new Singlecut store in my backyard.  Kaitlyn, the very hot Singlecut rep working the floor, gave me the whole rundown.  The Clifton Park location makes 13-15 beers (TF, she had no idea how many total beers, but was hot so it didn't matter), will have their taproom open (hopefully) by Memorial Day, plan to host live music events and operates the store front on a soft-opening basis for now.  You can sample select beer, buy fresh 4 packs from the cooler and pick up a variety of glassware and swag.  Keep tabs on the latest updates via their Facebook page, Singlecut North Store.

This new 'Tell Shaky & Boxcar Joe' 9% DDH IIPA arrived today fresh out of the vats just minutes before the scheduled 1 pm release.  It is a flavor explosion and well worth the $20/4 pk price tag.  I can't let you WNY guys have all the day drinking fun, but might need nappy nap time if I pour another one of these! :drinks:

20190125_140132.jpg

20190125_140414.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

have had it   Its instant diabetes

I heard the same and passed it up on the shelf.  I love dark chocolate in a stout, but need the bitter roasted coffee notes to balance that out.  I'm sure this is a good beer, but learned my lesson with Samual Smith's Double Chocolate which was a drain pour for me for being overly sweet.  

Edited by Jdubs