Beer

Dom

My first trip to Mohawk Taproom won't be the last!  Excellent reubens and this freshly tapped As Above So Below by Mortalis Brewing is a coffee stout lovers gem.  Huge roasted coffee and decadent chocolate brownie flavors underlaid with rum and coconut.  Really smooth, really good at a 10.5% ABV. :drinks:

20190130_135606.jpg

20190130_135629.jpg

20190130_140040.jpg

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

My first trip to Mohawk Taproom won't be the last!  Excellent reubens and this freshly tapped As Above So Below by Mortalis Brewing is a coffee stout lovers gem.  Huge roasted coffee and decadent chocolate brownie flavors underlaid with rum and coconut.  Really smooth, really good at a 10.5% ABV. :drinks:

20190130_135606.jpg

20190130_135629.jpg

20190130_140040.jpg

I just learned of Mortalis brewing other day. Supposed to be great stuff 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I just learned of Mortalis brewing other day. Supposed to be great stuff 

The owners just took a limo ride to the brewery this weekend and brought back a keg of the AASB.  The bartender had her first sip of it after I ordered so I don't know much more to the story.  Jay, you would certainly enjoy this stout! :good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdubs said:

20190130_135606.jpg

20190130_135629.jpg

20190130_140040.jpg

see they break out the fine china in case the stouts put you on your ass. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got some cigar city I want the wife to try. For me though I'm trying out this Sloop brew I hadn't had yet. I've had multiple beers from sloop better than this but it's not bad. Tribute to TF with the golf ball imprint pint glass. I rocked this hard back in college and it's still around.
1c669502604960ec1361dc52513d44a4.jpga43e26eb5b656c7769c73465a72e22ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Winner winner the wife loves it. I'm not a fan of coffee but it was real good. Smooth and soft dark ale. Cant get any light thru.
9d8de7bd330cf7b9ec27c238ea2e681a.jpg6ea8372436085d8f76522784790718fc.jpg

I trust you've had the Brown's Oatmeal Stout.  Which did you like better?  They're both easy drinkers.

I trust you've had the Brown's Oatmeal Stout.  Which did you like better?  They're both easy drinkers.

I'm not a coffee person and im impartial to browns because the owners live down the road from my parents. Also oatmeal stout was one of the head brewers favorites that died not long ago from a tractor accident. Super nice guy. Anyway Itd be a lie if I said this one didnt hold its own despite the bias. Honestly oatmeal stout from the tap at the brewery is better than in the cans too. I'd drink the cigar city again without hesitation. The wife likes cigar city better.

Coffee hits the nose hard like a fresh cup but taste is well blended and much more subtle. Not a coffee drinker and I could drink it all day.

• Like 1