Beer

Dom

11 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

All 50 states probably have a hunting forum BUT nobody knows beer like NY.  I’d bet my liver on that ! Cheers Dom for a great thread 

There are a ton of beer 'connoisseur' sites and blogs out there. Just remember, while we have beers that are regional to this state, many other states have the same thing going on, especially with craft beers. So to say, NY knows it's beer, is only valid for this state.

Also, we hijacked this thread, Dom started the thread about what beer do you "cook with", not consume daily. LOL!

But, I love this thread. It brings a sort of comradery aspect to this site, as twisted as that might sound, that aside from hunting we don't have here. No one argues on this thread, or the "Whats for Dinner" thread.

• Like 3

There are a ton of beer 'connoisseur' sites and blogs out there. Just remember, while we have beers that are regional to this state, many other states have the same thing going on, especially with craft beers. So to say, NY knows it's beer, is only valid for this state.
Also, we hijacked this thread, Dom started the thread about what beer do you "cook with", not consume daily. LOL!

But, I love this thread. It brings a sort of comradery aspect to this site, as twisted as that might sound, that aside from hunting we don't have here. No one argues on this thread, or the "Whats for Dinner" thread.

I disagree!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

All 50 states probably have a hunting forum BUT nobody knows beer like NY.  I’d bet my liver on that ! Cheers Dom for a great thread 

True!  But we should give an honorable mention to VT, MA, MI and the dudes at Topling Goliath! :drinks:

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 2

High Life is the best damn brats marinade evah! :good:

Exactly and the only beer that should discussed in this thread as the OP initially was looking for beers for cooking.
All y’all with your fancy coffee grapefruit cinnamon ray of sunshine liquids are stealing the High Life thunder!

After reading the 450+ “ban Biz” page of ‘13, clearly this is just you “upstaters” trying to feel as sophisticated as us “city folk” ... you cant make pizza or manage your “sloots” so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The OG of craft brews right there. :drinks:
My fridge is got some of them. Affordable so that's part of my "family coming over to drink my beer" selection they can choose from. My little brother learned last time he came though. Drank all my KBS without knowing it was 12.3%. Said I poisoned him next day. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

My fridge is got some of them. Affordable so that's part of my "family coming over to drink my beer" selection they can choose from. My little brother learned last time he came though. Drank all my KBS without knowing it was 12.3%. Said I poisoned him next day. Haha

lol 

6 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Ahahaha!  He can't read a label? :rofl:

Ahahaha!  He can't read a label? :rofl:
Ales and IPA you're pretty safe. Never know with stouts though. I honestly forgot it was that high despite I knew it was potent. Didnt realize he popped so many until i set some of my cans at the sink where he was lining up the bottles already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Ales and IPA you're pretty safe. Never know with stouts though. I honestly forgot it was that high despite I knew it was potent. Didnt realize he popped so many until i set some of my cans at the sink where he was lining up the bottles already.

Oh my, KBS isn't exactly a pounder type beer! :haha:

• Like 1