Beer

Dom

Big Top Hawaiian Lion Coconut Coffee Porter

On tap at Thirsty First in downtown St. Pete.

No head, thin light body, touch syrupy/artificial tasting, but not too bad, low carbonation, controlled bitterness, coconut and coffee on the back end. 

Did I do a TF-worthy job on the description, @turkeyfeathers?

smssecure-2019-02-10-130121.jpg

Edited by goosifer
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, goosifer said:

No head, thin light body, touch syrupy/artificial tasting, but not too bad, low carbonation, controlled bitterness, coconut and coffee on the back end. 

Did I do a TF-worthy job on the description, @turkeyfeathers?

smssecure-2019-02-10-130121.jpg

well done grasshoppa

• Like 1

Did I do a TF-worthy job on the description, [mention=4567]turkeyfeathers[/mention]?

smssecure-2019-02-10-130121.thumb.jpg.913d5602e3e9a4464dbfb6e84fe0ec8f.jpg

There’s a Spanish Tapas Bar we went to there that was fantastic. Can’t remember the name offhand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have stouts as old as 2015. The oldest I ever drank was 6 years ago. And it was 1997.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

So those are good in theory for life? What beers skunk then? Or if you could point me in the direction of some knowledge I can then do some reading to enhance my beer prowess

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Fletch said:

c764357eb816d34242eb9648dc81ab6f.jpg

Steve aka Fletch is damn ready!! Woke up to 4 inches of water in the basement, got new regulator in the mail for the Weber and that didn’t work so the grills still down. Phuk this day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've got a bit in the fridge right now but i did think about grabbing that last time i was out. mixed reports of carbonation levels and mediocre clean finish is what held me back. maybe i'll add it to the list for next time.

18 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i've got a bit in the fridge right now but i did think about grabbing that last time i was out. mixed reports of carbonation levels and mediocre clean finish is what held me back. maybe i'll add it to the list for next time.

It was good but not one of their better options.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

So those are good in theory for life? What beers skunk then? Or if you could point me in the direction of some knowledge I can then do some reading to enhance my beer prowess

some IPAs that are slammed with hops to begin with can sit in a cooler for months and they'll soften a bit without too much acidity and bitterness going away. more stouts but not all stouts age well. some mellow out too much where you lose the subtle notes of flavors.  stronger stouts that make you tip the bottle slow i've heard age better mellow out to something nice versus a stale drain pour. some beer bottled to age with yeast added after brewing process is meant to sit around for a bit. i'm not big on stouts but anything i've got usually sits buried in the back of a fridge versus a much warmer "cellar".

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

A good read 

https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/best-styles-to-cellar-age.10557/