Beer

Dom

Finally, my first Focal Banger!  Pours a golden color with thick, creamy head.  Huge juice bomb on the nose and my favorite hops, citra and mosiac, exploding over my taste buds!  Wow, this might be the best IPA I've ever had.  Phenomenal beer and I am instantly regretting only asking aboa to pick me up a single. :drinks:  

Love the hippy can message: "DON'T BE A D-BAG, RECYCLE THIS CAN!" :rofl:

20190314_174609.jpg

20190314_174743.jpg

• Like 4

Somewhere along the line I read a review stating that Beelzebub might be Alchemist's best beer.  Well, it isn't.  This brew is as creamy and malt-roasty as any imperial stout that I've had, but the hops overtake the glass and finish in the most demonic of ways.  I want no part of this, but then, I can't put it down.  This one is for the hops obsessed and stout lovers of strong faith. :drinks:

20190314_195414.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Very good. Better as it opened up at room temperature. 2 great stout breweries compilation. I’ll cellar a couple e6bf61302321ea24f57a299282d96fec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The store up,the road from me ,always had Jai Alai, but the other day I noticed half a dozen Cigar City beers, I’ll have to go see if that is one of them 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Finally, my first Focal Banger!  Pours a golden color with thick, creamy head.  Huge juice bomb on the nose and my favorite hops, citra and mosiac, exploding over my taste buds!  Wow, this might be the best IPA I've ever had.  Phenomenal beer and I am instantly regretting only asking aboa to pick me up a single. :drinks:  

20190314_174609.jpg

20190314_174743.jpg

Better than Heady Topper in my opinion.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jdubs said:

20190314_174609.jpg

One of my favorites, I can't figure why folks think Topper is their best beer??

I had one of these last night as well. I think I am down to two cans left!

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 2

Big shout out to Jdubs’s porch bomb ! Thank you Aboa for being the middle man in this trade too. Starting out with a stout I didn’t know existed from Alchemist. More bitter in good coffee than hop forward IMO. Delightful. These others are going to be excellent I’m sure. Report back in next week. dd7ad70ea57735faf0b2c0af520520f6.jpg32ad0c40b2a36d928c004a79ec5c9a39.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Big shout out to Jdubs’s porch bomb ! Thank you Aboa for being the middle man in this trade too. Starting out with a stout I didn’t know existed from Alchemist. More bitter in good coffee than hop forward IMO. Delightful. These others are going to be excellent I’m sure. Report back in next week. dd7ad70ea57735faf0b2c0af520520f6.jpg32ad0c40b2a36d928c004a79ec5c9a39.jpg

That should help get you to St. Paddy's Day.  Enjoy! :drinks:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Storm914 said:

To early in the day  for thinking about that :):russian: :rolleyes:

To you it's a beer to myself just another beverage on the list.Not sure what early is when I work nights your morning is my evening.

• Like 1

Heady Topper or Focal Banger?  Focal or Heady?  Which one is better?!?  

Heady?  Man, what a beer!  Top notch DIPA that really nails the hops flavor from start to finish.  If Goldilocks made a DIPA, this would be it.  Believe the hype, this beer is awesome!  

That said, I find Focal Banger more crushable and prefer its citra and mosaic hops blend.  There is no wrong answer here, but "for me", it's Focal > Heady. :drinks:

20190315_175032.jpg

20190315_174940.jpg

• Like 1