Beer

Dom

The sours from Hudson Valley Brewery are amazing!  Gemheart is my favorite of the trio (thanks aboa!).  :drinks:

"Sour 8% DIPA with raw wheat, malted oat, milk sugar, black currant, lemon purée & rooibos tea; Simcoe & Azacca."

20190323_185826.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

The sours from Hudson Valley Brewery are amazing!  Gemheart is my favorite of the trio (thanks aboa!).  :drinks:

"Sour 8% DIPA with raw wheat, malted oat, milk sugar, black currant, lemon purée & rooibos tea; Simcoe & Azacca."

20190323_185826.jpg

Drove to HVB on my way back from jersey without knowing they specialize in sours.   Sours are not my thing lol.  

59 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Foam Best brewery out there !There’s 30-40 turkey vultures flying low and over block now. Sorta eerie I’ll keep moving and not stop in one place very long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daughter had a field hockey game at the Epic center tonight and we saw 4 or 5 of them circling to the South East of that building on Wehrle drive around 4:45 pm.  I wonder if they were part of the same flock.   

Edited by wolc123

19 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Drove to HVB on my way back from jersey without knowing they specialize in sours.   Sours are not my thing lol.  

These HVB sours were my first.  Not my preferred style either, but these were outstanding.

As unique a brew as I've ever tasted.  Double barrel-aged in whiskey and brandy barrels resulting in a smooth 12.2% imperial stout.  Figs and dates throughout plus notes of something called amburana wood.  I may need to drink an entire 4 pk to truly understand and savor this one. :drinks:

20190323_214048.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

As unique a brew as I've ever tasted.  Double barrel-aged in whiskey and brandy barrels resulting in a smooth 12.2% imperial stout.  Figs and dates throughout plus notes of something called amburana wood.  I may need to drink an entire 4 pk to truly understand and savor this one. :drinks:

20190323_214048.jpg

I really liked this one.  Have a few in cellar but going to get some more. What a great combination of flavors in this collaboration 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I really liked this one.  Have a few in cellar but going to get some more. What a great combination of flavors in this collaboration 

It's sticky and sweet, yet smooth.  The alcohol is there with no trace of burn.  I found myself asking, "Is this really an imperial stout?"  Definitely one to cellar as there is nothing else quite like it. 

• Like 1