Beer

Dom

22 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

$26 per 4pack.    Are they that good?   Thats what I saw them going for. 

If you like barrel-aged imperial stouts, then it's absolutely worth the premium.  You can easily pay more for other stouts that aren't as good, IMO.  I love big imperial stouts that focus on notes of coffee and chocolate and rate the KBS among the best that I've had.

Locally, KBS sells here for $23.99/4, but my local bev center put it on sale for $19.99/4 to blow out the 2018 vintage ahead of the 2019 being released this month.  Backside of my grocery store receipts gave me an extra $5 off $50 there too.  Needless to say, I stocked up. :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aboa13 said:

Sours aren't for everyone.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

It wasnt a sour that i tried.  Ive tried them and cant get a taste for it.   It was an ipa and I couldn’t finish the beer.   Now that I’m thinking, they might have served me the wrong beer. 

It wasnt a sour that i tried.  Ive tried them and cant get a taste for it.   It was an ipa and I couldn’t finish the beer.   Now that I’m thinking, they might have served me the wrong beer. 
Which was it. Majority of their ipas are sour ipas

I don't even know where to begin with this Drawn and Quartered.  First beer from gypsy-brewer Nightmare Brewing is a freakin grand slam outta the park!  I swear, it's like Equilibrium and Hill Farmstead had a 10% triple IPA baby.  Incredible.  Familiar citra hops brings the tropical fruit flavors, and then something called Enigma hops jumps in and humps the sh^t out of the Galaxy hops into an peach sorbet creamy mouthfeel with perfect bite on the finish.  I'll pass out before I get enough of this.  Oh, and the can art is off the chains!  This one gets a triple :drinks::drinks::drinks:

20190324_170202.jpg

20190324_170019.jpg

20190324_170052.jpg

20190324_170127.jpg

20190324_170241.jpg

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aboa13 said:

Equilibrium and Trllium triple. Coming in at 10.6% this doesn't drink like a triple. This one is dangerous. cdf851149cddaeebbd9bd45c5a58d371.jpg

Trillium/EQ collab?  Oh man, I can only imagine! :good:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jdubs said:

I don't even know where to begin with this Drawn and Quartered.  First beer from gypsy-brewer Nightmare Brewing is a freakin grand slam outta the park!  I swear, it's like Equilibrium and Hill Farmstead had a 10% triple IPA baby.  Incredible.  Familiar citra hops brings the tropical fruit flavors, and then something called Enigma hops jumps in and humps the sh^t out of the Galaxy hops into an peach sorbet creamy mouthfeel with perfect bite on the finish.  I'll pass out before I get enough of this.  Oh, and the can art is off the chains!  This one gets a triple :drinks::drinks::drinks:

20190324_170202.jpg

20190324_170019.jpg

20190324_170052.jpg

20190324_170127.jpg

20190324_170241.jpg

That is some high praise, I will need to find me some!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jdubs said:

20190324_170202.jpg

20190324_170019.jpg

20190324_170052.jpg

20190324_170127.jpg

20190324_170241.jpg

I'm not a morbid person but the artwork ain't bad. i like the description. i'll have to keep a look out for it.

• Like 1

What did you find?
All of it but passed on the stout as I'm not a coffee drinker. In hind sight I should've gotten it to try it. Was there even a presence of coffee? Theres only three of them. I got multiple packs of the QDHI ipa "drawn and quartered". I only got one pack of the gose "Windlass of Erasmus". Im not real into sours but it sounded good. I probably should've got more but I dont like being the jerk that takes all of something.
1b977f900d68508df2d7ff28da9dff83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2