Beer

Dom

On 10/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, Otto said:

Where in Sicily were you?  Both sides of my parents family are from the MT Etna region. 

[This might be a repost, but just in case . . . ]

Stayed in Palermo and Taormina. Did a wine tour at the Gambino winery and restaurant meal near Mt Etna. The winery was quite an operation. Decent wines. Up the mountain is a cooler microclimate. Wife bought some wine for home. They have a distributer in NY they ship from.

• Like 1

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191013175728841_COVER.jpg

IMG_20191013_175357.jpg

Had a great time in Venice, Italy with @Al Bundy We had a couple beers at Il Santo Bevitore Pub Venezia. He wore his high school football jacket so he'd be easy to spot in the crowd ;) Seriously, very nice guy; a pleasure to get to know. I will have to check out wild boar hunting in Tuscany he told me about.

One of the beers I tried was an Italian Grape Ale. It was good.

Edited by goosifer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191013175728841_COVER.thumb.jpg.deeb532d326bd6bc3900267208793c72.jpg
IMG_20191013_175357.thumb.jpg.1894cc1845167baf3aaff49faa1f2ccf.jpg
Had a great time in Venice, Italy with [mention=4186]Al Bundy[/mention] We had a couple beers at Il Santo Bevitore Pub Venezia. He wore his high school football jacket so he'd be easy to spot in the crowd Seriously, very nice guy; a pleasure to get to know. I will have to check out wild boar hunting in Tuscany he told me about.
One of the beers I tried was an Italian Grape Ale. It was good.

Did i miss the international GTG pic? WITH a letterman jacket?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, goosifer said:

[This might be a repost, but just in case . . . ]

Stayed in Palermo and Taormina. Did a wine tour at the Gambino winery and restaurant meal near Mt Etna. The winery was quite an operation. Decent wines. Up the mountain is a cooler microclimate. Wife bought some wine for home. They have a distributer in NY they ship from.

My father and my mothers father were born in Linguglossa, on MT Etna.  My Mother and Father were married there and honeymooned in  Taormina.   Beautiful seaside town!  Enjoy the rest of your trip! Wonderful you get to spend so much time there. 

• Like 1

Had a delicious Captain Lawrence Pumpkin ale Saturday night at dinner (not pictured) then had a nice sloop cashmere bomb and then to finish it off a delicious zero gravity strawberry moon. A nice sour which I've been on quite the kick of lately. Was an Excellent set of beers to watch the Yankees smoke the Astros with.3f3615ba990a48a306cb653caee0f1e2.jpgd9e23fc49ff4b7ecc84ae0a189d1c334.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1