Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jdubs said:

Nice!  Does this even compare to anything else you've had?  The brew process is unlike anything else I've seen.  Very curious to try this one.

Tough to compare to anything as it’s first I’ve had like this. But it’s excellent for sure 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, my first Focal Banger!  Pours a golden color with thick, creamy head.  Huge juice bomb on the nose and my favorite hops, citra and mosiac, exploding over my taste buds!  Wow, this might be the best IPA I've ever had.  Phenomenal beer and I am instantly regretting only asking aboa to pick me up a single. :drinks:  

Love the hippy can message: "DON'T BE A D-BAG, RECYCLE THIS CAN!" :rofl:

20190314_174609.jpg

20190314_174743.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere along the line I read a review stating that Beelzebub might be Alchemist's best beer.  Well, it isn't.  This brew is as creamy and malt-roasty as any imperial stout that I've had, but the hops overtake the glass and finish in the most demonic of ways.  I want no part of this, but then, I can't put it down.  This one is for the hops obsessed and stout lovers of strong faith. :drinks:

20190314_195414.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2f2782b7247a1d12248977f1902fb0bc.jpg913ce6c8fb22bdc9b8dd9afab79c7ef1.jpgmaine lunch with dinner and a Trillium at home, I’m having a night!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 4

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

2f2782b7247a1d12248977f1902fb0bc.jpg913ce6c8fb22bdc9b8dd9afab79c7ef1.jpgmaine lunch with dinner and a Trillium at home, I’m having a night!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 And a good night at that with Trillium in your glass! :drinks:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a way to cut the orange down in/with the Hayburner/pour in glass and add 1oz vodka.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Found a way to cut the orange down in/with the Hayburner/pour in glass and add 1oz vodka.


2 for 1!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Very good. Better as it opened up at room temperature. 2 great stout breweries compilation. I’ll cellar a couple e6bf61302321ea24f57a299282d96fec.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The store up,the road from me ,always had Jai Alai, but the other day I noticed half a dozen Cigar City beers, I’ll have to go see if that is one of them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Finally, my first Focal Banger!  Pours a golden color with thick, creamy head.  Huge juice bomb on the nose and my favorite hops, citra and mosiac, exploding over my taste buds!  Wow, this might be the best IPA I've ever had.  Phenomenal beer and I am instantly regretting only asking aboa to pick me up a single. :drinks:  

Love the hippy can message: "DON'T BE A D-BAG, RECYCLE THIS CAN!" :rofl:

20190314_174609.jpg

20190314_174743.jpg

Better than Heady Topper in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPHunter said:

Better than Heady Topper in my opinion.

I plan to test that theory shortly. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Finally, my first Focal Banger!  Pours a golden color with thick, creamy head.  Huge juice bomb on the nose and my favorite hops, citra and mosiac, exploding over my taste buds!  Wow, this might be the best IPA I've ever had.  Phenomenal beer and I am instantly regretting only asking aboa to pick me up a single. :drinks:  

Love the hippy can message: "DON'T BE A D-BAG, RECYCLE THIS CAN!" :rofl:

20190314_174609.jpg

 

One of my favorites, I can't figure why folks think Topper is their best beer??

 

I had one of these last night as well. I think I am down to two cans left!

 

 

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First beer since Sunday. Working midnights. Cheers. Another reason to celebrate. The Ryan Tannehill experiment is over. 6497a62104f4b6d45ec3390c9333da62.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big shout out to Jdubs’s porch bomb ! Thank you Aboa for being the middle man in this trade too. Starting out with a stout I didn’t know existed from Alchemist. More bitter in good coffee than hop forward IMO. Delightful. These others are going to be excellent I’m sure. Report back in next week. dd7ad70ea57735faf0b2c0af520520f6.jpg32ad0c40b2a36d928c004a79ec5c9a39.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Big shout out to Jdubs’s porch bomb ! Thank you Aboa for being the middle man in this trade too. Starting out with a stout I didn’t know existed from Alchemist. More bitter in good coffee than hop forward IMO. Delightful. These others are going to be excellent I’m sure. Report back in next week. dd7ad70ea57735faf0b2c0af520520f6.jpg32ad0c40b2a36d928c004a79ec5c9a39.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should help get you to St. Paddy's Day.  Enjoy! :drinks:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

6cc50f11a26fe368e75bf410b2938545.jpg
2019 released today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This begs for a side-by-side comparison! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upped the abv after last year’s reduction I know.  2 KBS back to back. Good night Irene 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Upped the abv after last year’s reduction I know.  2 KBS back to back. Good night Irene 

What does the '19 weigh in at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Storm914 said:

To early in the day  for thinking about that :):russian: :rolleyes:

To you it's a beer to myself just another beverage on the list.Not sure what early is when I work nights your morning is my evening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heady Topper or Focal Banger?  Focal or Heady?  Which one is better?!?  

Heady?  Man, what a beer!  Top notch DIPA that really nails the hops flavor from start to finish.  If Goldilocks made a DIPA, this would be it.  Believe the hype, this beer is awesome!  

That said, I find Focal Banger more crushable and prefer its citra and mosaic hops blend.  There is no wrong answer here, but "for me", it's Focal > Heady. :drinks:

20190315_175032.jpg

20190315_174940.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.