Loading deer alone...

growalot

Why does every conversation end in a legal or ethical standoff? I remember when people talked about hunting on this site.

it never wouldn't have come up if growalot hadn't brought it up. When someone where's a gps watch with a sunrise and sunset timer they're going to be poked at from time to time.

it's sort of like calling out super religious nuts when they get divorced.

how do you guys load your bags of corn? those are what really kill my back.

I have the guys at Agway drop it right into the bed of my truck when I buy it, then I slide it off the tailgate into the bed of my UTV once I get to the farm. I slice the bags open and use the dump bed to offload into the trough feeders I use.

• Like 2

EXCUSE ME BELO...all I did was try to give a tip on how to load a deer easier...It WAS NOT ME that said anything about anything being illegal ...get your facts straight...I tried to be descent and got shite for the effort..wow big surprise there! :rolleyes:

Edited by growalot

I could be wrong but don't think so.Farmers/land owners can drive their equipment on paved surfaces for as many as 3 miles with only a orange triangle on farm equipment.I see a Gator is being nothing more than a tool to maintain land 

[edit: I posted this before I read the entire thread. My bad. If Dom, or anyone, would still care to address my question, great. If not, don't worry about it. I don't mean to rehash stuff that's allready been discussed.]

Dom, I have a Toro Workman e2050, which is an electric version cousin of the Gator. Would you have a reference for what you stated (can drive it on paved surfaces . . .) I bought the Toro used, and it has an orange triangle on the back of it (also has lights, but no turn signal or mirrors). If I could somehow make it roadworthy for within 3 miles of my land, that would be tremendously valuable to me. When I spoke to my local DMV about it, they said that it wasn't street legal, and I couldn't even cross a street with it. Thanks.

Edited by goosifer
  • Like 1

It depends on its weight. If its over 1000lbs, its the same as a tractor. Orange triangle is all you need. If its under that, you are SOL at this point in our lovely state. Just search the DMV website for the info.

Thanks. Will do. This is unexpected good news.

It depends on its weight. If its over 1000lbs, its the same as a tractor. Orange triangle is all you need. If its under that, you are SOL at this point in our lovely state. Just search the DMV website for the info.

Your comment sparked my interest because I have a CAN-Am and mine is registered and insured. Because of that mine is illegal to be a on a public road. I already knew that I could probably get by with a slow moving vehicle sign because there is clearly a grey area. So I called my county Sheriff and he is supposed to be calling me back today with the answer. He told me he honestly had no clue that there was a difference between them and a regular atv as far as the law goes.

How did you get your Can Am registered? If its over 1000lbs you cant register it. I asked the DMV about my Viking when I bought it, and the answer I was given is the one I commented about. I do have insurance on it though. We also run a Gator at the farms I hunt, has a triangle on it, and we run it down the road when we need to like any other equipment.

How did you get your Can Am registered? If its over 1000lbs you cant register it. I asked the DMV about my Viking when I bought it, and the answer I was given is the one I commented about. I do have insurance on it though. We also run a Gator at the farms I hunt, has a triangle on it, and we run it down the road when we need to like any other equipment.

It turns out our neighbors to the east "vermont" like NY money and don't care where your mailing address is so they are more than willing to register our "unregisterable" vehicles this allows me to use it ice fishing. If you would like you can pm me and I'll give you the info to the dealer than hooked me up with the needed paper work. But if your not interested in using it for anything else by the sounds of it I might be taking the plate off for the summer and adding a triangle.
  • Like 1

I have no interest in registering it at this point. I can use it at ORV parks, etc the way I have it now. Thanks for the offer though. My guess is NY is currently writing up some cockamamie law that will require registration of the bigger side by sides anyhow. They need to get their money on everything eventually. I wish they would make it so you could add a few things and get them street legal like a few other states do. Id have one of the Yamaha YXZ1000Rs in street trim for driving when its nice out.

• Like 1