Semi auto shotgun suggestions

I'm looking to pick up a semi auto in the near future. Mostly going to be used for small game hunting and turkey hunting. I'm looking for suggestions on a decent gun but one that won't break the bank. Looking to spend between 700-800 and would only needs it to be between 2 3/4 to 3 in

If anyone has a used one they are trying to get rid of let me know as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have NO personal experience with them, but the son of one of my hunting buddies bought a Stoeger semi auto a couple of years ago and is very impressed with it..

Aside from that, I am a huge fan of Rem 1100s, and the Beretta and Benelli semis are very highly rated..

I would look into the Remington Versa Max. The standard Sportsman model goes for around 8-900. I talked with I guy who worked at Remington. He knew about every pin and spring in the gun. The thing is very well built and is designed to be extremely corrosion resistant 

I would look into the Remington Versa Max. The standard Sportsman model goes for around 8-900. I talked with I guy who worked at Remington. He knew about every pin and spring in the gun. The thing is very well built and is designed to be extremely corrosion resistant

unlike my pos 870 black cantilever I'm now scrubbing the rust off ! Used it Thursday. Slight drizzle and now it's surface coated with rust. I walk near water or it hears me take a shower and it rusts.
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

You can't beat the older remington 1100's or the 11/87,also look at the beretta

semi autos,I have seen some real clean and underused one's at reasonable prices

seasons over shop around,semi's are softer shooting than the pumps or over and unders

• 4 weeks later...