dead heads

dropzone

I found 4 during this past spring turkey season..2 defiantly does the other 2 had no heads nearby. One time I found a 6 point head tangled in some Russian Olive, about 4 feet off the ground. A lot of hair everywhere but not a single bone, that I could find. I think the thing got shot or hit by a car and ran into the thick nasty stuff for cover and then got stuck and died in the middle of it. Coyotes grabbed what they could reach,

used to find more. 2 yrs. ago march snowstorm with heavy wind at least a foot and a half of snow, lots of trees blown over... found a pit in the snow 6 ft across covered in blood and hair and deer bones. whatever got that deer just hunkered down for the two day storm and just ate.

turkeyfeathers, on 07 Dec 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

me as well so I'll chime in. Saw 14 shows in late 80's and early 90's !

SO, TF, you're a Dead Head !!

And all this time I have suspected that you were a pencil necked geek like Doc and Fasteddie......<<<hehehe, JUST KIDDING, guys>>....

• Like 1

my girlfriends cousin found a beautiful 10 point skull in the woods about 4 years ago. nothing else, just the skull with the antlers, never found the rest of the carcass. It was almost totally clean, just a few specks of flesh here and there. I found a really small fawn shoulder blade a couple weeks ago too

SO, TF, you're a Dead Head !!

And all this time I have suspected that you were a pencil necked geek like Doc and Fasteddie......<<<hehehe, JUST KIDDING, guys>>....

Lol .... I have to be honest. It was that kind of music that drove me from rock to country. I never realized just how much aggravating squealy noise that some could make with a guitar. Not really a fan of Ted Nugent noise either ..... lol.

• Like 1

The Nuge can go suck a bug, as far I'm concerned, Doc..

As for The Grateful Dead, I am not a Dead Head, but I do like some of their stuff..

As a child of the 60's, who can NOT like Casey Jones..??

" Driving my train....High on cocaine..."

• Like 1

The Nuge can go suck a bug, as far I'm concerned, Doc..

As for The Grateful Dead, I am not a Dead Head, but I do like some of their stuff..

As a child of the 60's, who can NOT like Casey Jones..??

" Driving my train....High on cocaine..."

Well to be honest, my switchover to country was so abrupt and complete that there is a lot of that stuff that I have never heard. That whole era was also the beginning of Country Rock, and that stuff sounded a whole lot like the original rock and roll that I grew up with. And so the screechy guitars  of rock and roll went off my radio, and the country rock was all I was listening to for a few decades. I'm slowly getting back into some of the more mainstream rock just now.

Mayer must have worked very hard over a short period of time to gel the way he did with the band and play the dead songs so well. I have seen them in many different variations since Jerry's passing. Last shows I saw with Jerry were 3 nights in Vegas 95', Dave Matthews opened. That's about all I remember.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I worked security at the last dead show in Rochester.  I think I was a senior in high school. The attendees were much more of a show than the band.  Pretty amusing.  Between the balloon whippets (sp?) with people inhaling and falling on their face and others that clearly hadn't bathed in some time, barefoot and selling peanut butter sandwiches to fund the drive to the next show (or whatever), it was quite the show.

Oh and no dead heads found so far.

Edited by moog5050

Found this one, my guess is it was from a road hunter, found 30 yards off open field.visable.from the road, shot head on hit jugular missed spine by 1/4 inch, lots of blood no tracks around and between 2 houses. No attempt to recover I think because it ran to woods behind houses post-899-0-54367900-1451781015_thumb.jpg