Is it worth going back up hunting

aqua750

hello guys , on opening day  one hour in I passed on a respectable 6 point, but it being so early in the season I let him go buy.As luck would have it It was the only buck I saw,like every one else I was very surprised at the lack of shots and hunters the warm weather did not help Im sure I tried to still hunt several days, but only saw flags I dont have the still hunting skills.So with the last week end of gun approaching Im wondering If anything has changed making it worth taking the time off to go up. I also realize I wont fill my tag  at work, how many of you are wondering the same thing? I tend to think I will go,  sitting in the woods and seeing does and squirrels is still better than working I guess .Is anybody thinking the same thing? thanks in advance.

I have not had a shot opportunity at an adult deer all season until  Friday ,  Dec 4th..

Since then I have killed a buck and a  big doe, plus could have shot another buck, if I hadn't already got one..

Go hunting...You may not see any deer, but if you stay home your mother-in-law might decide to come over and visit..

• Like 2

I have not had a shot opportunity at an adult deer all season until Friday , Dec 4th..

Since then I have killed a buck and a big doe, plus could have shot another buck, if I hadn't already got one..

Go hunting...You may not see any deer, but if you stay home your mother-in-law might decide to come over and visit..

Dan's buck here, mine and two others that I know of were all killed Friday and Saturday.

They're on the move!!

Any day in the woods beats a day out of the woods or waiting on next season. 

My season has been hideous, bow season saw me working more than usual so my time in woods was down. Saw a lot of deer but nothing in tight enough. Then, on my way to hunting, I do $4900 worth of damage to my truck, hitting a 2.5 year old 5 point...  I never even drew my bow back at a deer this season, first time in 10 years, but then again, time was limited.

Gun season, I had the time in but the deer are not moving and there's not much hunter activity around me. 

I've had one deer in my cross hairs and it was running, through the woods and towards somebody that SHOULD have been in a stand, but wasn't. 

I'll be out tomorrow night, Thursday and Fri- sunday as well as muzzle. 

• Like 1

I'm noticing a couple 3K hunters, I live in 3K, and hunt it also, what towns in 3K do you hunt? been very slow this year for me, but I am out every chance I get, definitely go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for the reply, I hunt  monticello for 15 years now