Equal Opportunity Rifle Shooter

Pygmy

I enjoy using all of toys.. This year , as usual, I have carried my  7mm08  most of the time, and have shot 2 deer with her..She is just such a SWEET THANG to carry in the deer woods..

However, I also took my M1 Garand out a couple of days, and my 9.3 x 62 a couple of days, but got no shooting with either of them..

JUST TO BE FAIR,  I think I'll hunt with my trusty old  M 70 .280 rem for the rest of rifle season.  I haven't shot a deer with it since my CO mule deer hunt  last year.. I think I have heard her whining from the gun safe, wanting to go hunting...

She just keeps saying " Take ME,  Clarkie.... You KNOW you love me...."

And I just happen to have a box of  140 grain TTSX  reloads left over from my Colorado hunt last year...

• Like 7

Been using a Ruger M77 in 7mm-08 for the past 5 or 6 years. This year I broke out my old model 700 in 30-06, just for old time sake. Haven't shot one with it, this season, but it was nice to be out there with it again.

Mine spoke to me too, but it was more like "take me out for once ya PR!@K"

• Like 1

Took my tikka lite .308 out opening weekend and got my first buck with it.

Then took out the sako .338 fed 'cause I only have a bear tag now.

Just got a custom 7x57 which should mirror all you 7-08 shooters out there.

Then of course, the 7600 30-06 has to come out sometime, its my doe getter and the .375 H&H just because.

Haven't even started on the levers!!  Way too many toys to play with.

• Like 1

are you single, widowed, or does your wife know you have this kind of relationship with your firearms?? haha  no need to answer really. 

I feel it probably won't happen but I've got to do some minor work on and clean a win model 94 30-30 to take out again. it saw dad's, mine, and my brother's first bucks fall.  since my brother has had it it's been neglected a little.  most guns that would hit the woods deer woods with me would be 5 or so. compared to you gentlemen, either I'm too young still or don't have enough guns.

• Like 1

My wife has a nice youth 7mm08 and that thing has a crazy muzzle blast. Its also pretty LOUD. Seems louder than my 30-06 and seems more of a muzzle blast. But maybe its because I am shooting my 30-06 while watching her shoot the 7mm08.  She has yet to shoot at something with it.  She usually gets something with the XBow and does not hunt hard during gun season.

I enjoy using all of toys.. This year , as usual, I have carried my 7mm08 most of the time, and have shot 2 deer with her..She is just such a SWEET THANG to carry in the deer woods..

However, I also took my M1 Garand out a couple of days, and my 9.3 x 62 a couple of days, but got no shooting with either of them..

JUST TO BE FAIR, I think I'll hunt with my trusty old M 70 .280 rem for the rest of rifle season. I haven't shot a deer with it since my CO mule deer hunt last year.. I think I have heard her whining from the gun safe, wanting to go hunting...

She just keeps saying " Take ME, Clarkie.... You KNOW you love me...."

And I just happen to have a box of 140 grain TTSX reloads left over from my Colorado hunt last year...

. I will be buying a m1 at some point over the next few months I plan on building a perminent stand with a nice rest just so I can take her hunting next year
  • Like 1

chefhunter86, on 09 Dec 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

. I will be buying a m1 at some point over the next few months I plan on building a perminent stand with a nice rest just so I can take her hunting next year

I love shooting my Garand...5 shot en-bloc clips are available from Midway and other places to make it " New York Legal"...