What Set-Up are you guys using?

Billdogge

Always interesting to see what set-ups guys are using. So what gun,powder,primer,bullet and optic are you using.

I'll go first.

Gun: CVA Wolf

Powder: 2 WhiteHot Pellets

Primer: Winchester

Bullet: Barnes Spitfire TE-Z 250 grain

Optic: Nikon Omega 3x9

On a side note I'm considering getting a new muzzleloader. Any suggestions? Looking hard at the Knight.

Thanks

I have only ever hunted with one muzzleloader, a TC Hawken .50 cal. that my ex-wife bought me for my birthday in 1973.

I  used it for years with the factory sights until my eyes got too old for them. I installed an aftermarket tang peep sight, which I still use today..

For years I shot PRBs with 90 grains of 2F blackpowder or pyrodex and a #11 cap.

A few years back, as a result of an elk hunt, I switched to a Noexcuses  460 grain conical  with 80 grains of 3F 777 and a CCI magnum #11 cap..  It works as well on deer as it did on elk and shoots plenty flat and accurate out to 100 yards, which is as far as I will shoot with it.. In fact I don't think I ever took a shot at game with it over 75 or 80 yards.

• Like 3

agreed, i like seeing what everyone shoots as well, would like to experiment someday if i ever have the extra $$..

i have 2 setups

t/c omega .50 cal

777 209 primers

(3) 50gr 777 pellets

250gr shockwaves(black jacket)

nikon prostaff 3-9x40

t/c triumph .50 cal

777 209 primers

(3) 777 50 gr pellets

250 gr shockwaves(black jacket)

nikon prostaff w/bdc 4-12x40

Both shoot 3" groups @ 225 yards

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

CVA accura mountain rifle shooting 118gn by weight blackhorn 209 with a 250gn barnes .451 handgun bullet in a harvester slug. It has a leupold vx2 3-9x33.          

That is a LOT of powder for a gun only designed for black powder or black powder substitute.  Blackhorn only recommends 84 grains by weight as a max charge, just be careful...

• Like 3

That is a LOT of powder for a gun only designed for black powder or black powder substitute. Blackhorn only recommends 84 grains by weight as a max charge, just be careful...

Hey, good catch my powder bowl weighs 28gns and I don't use the Tare button so my actual load is 90 gn by weight.

Please do not try 118 gn by weight in your guns.

Edited by Buckmaster7600
  • Like 3

TC X7 with t7 or bh209 , 300gr deep curls,300gr xtp, 350gr fpb and 460gr no excuses.

NEF heritage with the same bullets and modified breech plugs, Bushnell scope

White thunderbolt any load I put down it is pinpoint accurate with the Lyman sme57 site, but she loves the big 460gr conical from bull shop or no excuses.

White S91-11 safe queen for sure

Edited by sbuff