T/C Pro Hunter FX 50 cal.

Leupold 3x9 BDC scope

BH 110gr. Volume, 77 gr. by weight

Hornady 300gr. XTP

Harvester E-Z, or Crush Rib sabot

Winchester 209

Traditions Vortek LDR 50 cal.

Nikon Pro Staff 3x9 BDC scope

Same load as above. Tack driver at 100 yds. Last 2 seasons I dropped it and knocked the scope off. Dropped it on opening day this year. Later in week took a 100 yd shot at a coffee cup, was off by over a foot. 2 years in row had to retire early in season. It has no front sight so leaning against a tree is risky. Never dropped a gun before this one.

Have taken many deer over the years with Tompson. Haven't had a chance to bag anything with the Traditions. Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is a follow up now that the season is over.

I used (but did not get a chance to fire) an LHR Redemption with the Simmons Atec 2.5-10x44(it came with).

The load was a Harvester scorpion 300 gr in their ribbed sabot over 110 Blackhorn 209 and federal 209A primer.

The reason I'm posting this is because of how easy the gun was to clean.

The LHR's (and now the TC Strike) have external and Internal corrosion protection coatings and external threads for the breach plug holder.

This made it extremely easy to clean and put away.

I am very happy with this gun and finally found an inline I really like (after A&H 420 - too heavy and CVA Wolf-breaks open too easily).

not perfect, the front sling swivel doubles as the forearm holder and rotates somewhat and is placed too far back to balance the weight of the 24" bbl.

I also don't like the Simmons scope and will replace it next year!!

Now ,after Christmas, I'll break out the Hatfield .45 percussion patch and ball long rifle and take the dog squirrel hunting!  Head shots only of course!

Edited by Jaeger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have three Thompson Centers, an inline Black Diamond in 50 cal, a Cherokee in 45 cal and a Hawkin with a stainless Green Mountain 45 cal barrel with a fast twist that will shoot conicals and sabots decent. The Cherokee is by far my favorite even though it will only shoot round balls accurately, I use it just for targets and plinking but I am sure I could kill a deer with it.

Al

• Like 1

Full-stock flintlock plains rifle

L&R lock

35" octagon barrel 1" across the flats 1:70" twist .015" deep rifling

.535 230gr Round ball .020 linen patch

120gr GOEX fffG main charge, ffffg priming 1900 fps

Sliver blade front sight, "Nordon Bomb Sight" rear sight (open sight)

2" C-C groups off a bench @ 100yds if I do my part.

I've killed 2 whitetails on the run broadside @ 30yds or less. One through the top of the shoulders that required a finishing shot, one through the base of the neck. I've lost track of how many total it has killed.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1