And the king is dead…...

First-light

Prophetic post from the other thread:

Chadro Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

"I'll clarify a few things. The area isn't really hunt able, I'd be hard pressed to put a stand there due to the houses and other things around that make it a pain to hunt. I seriously doubt that I will be able to get a chance at it, I'd have to convince the landowner first and I know them well enough it probably wouldn't happen.

If someone figures it out from the pics, then good for them. To kill it they would be poaching, and then screw them. This deer has a better chance of getting hit on the roads.

I just posted this picture to admire him. He is truly a beautiful buck, and would be awesome to have him hanging on the wall."

I wonder why all vehicals are not built with those deer alert/whistling things they advertise...Do they not work?...I mean dang seems like back up cams and hazard sensors are pratically standard these days...why not something to spook deer away from the roads...or at least get them to be more cautious as a standard feature ..if they have one that actually works

I wonder why all vehicals are not built with those deer alert/whistling things they advertise...Do they not work?...I mean dang seems like back up cams and hazard sensors are pratically standard these days...why not something to spook deer away from the roads...or at least get them to be more cautious as a standard feature ..if they have one that actually works

If they get installed backwards , they attract deer instead of scaring them .  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was just walking around some of the woods that this buck lived in. You have to see some of the cedar trees rubbed up. Not just one or two but 10-15 huge trees ribbed to shit. Pretty amazing but he is not the only big one that lives there. FYI just found a tick crawling up my neck. Warm weather has these bastards out again. BTW for the salt fisherman I have never seen so much bait in Northport harbor so late into December. There is plenty of hearing but acres of peanut bunker and other baitfish. Water hovering around 48-50 degrees.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I thought it should of been higher but I saw some other pictures of this deer and the rack doesn't look as big in the two pictures I posted. If you ask me he looks 155-165……Heard an old lady was feeding this buck. She watched him run off her property and get hit by the car. 

Go ahead and bust my chop's.This deer was not killed by a car there is know way anyone can tell/show me this was from a car.If this Deer was killed by an automobile then how the heck is the antlers not broke?To myself this was poached and drug to road side and the driver said they hit with the car.

Go ahead and bust my chop's.This deer was not killed by a car there is know way anyone can tell/show me this was from a car.If this Deer was killed by an automobile then how the heck is the antlers not broke?To myself this was poached and drug to road side and the driver said they hit with the car.

I hit an 8 point a couple of years ago in the hindquarter with my truck. He cartwheeled off the road. When I walked up on him he was taking his last breath. There was no external bleeding. Even though I hit him in the hind quarter, the pressure that transferred to his abdomen and forward, causing multiple blood vessels to burst. His chest and abdomen were full of blood even though I hit him in the hindquarter. BTW, his rack was unscathed and hangs in my garage with the salvage tag the state trooper gave me. At the time I was thinking, "Gee, free buck and those salvage tags are free and unlimited." My $500 deductible proved otherwise.

• Like 3