Live from the ER

ncountry

Sitting on the bed waiting to be stitched up...sounds like all they want to do is stitch cut closed...a little worried that maybe I should get 2nd opinion... Cut down bother me , I could have taped it up myself..numb finger I'm not fond of.... It's my trigger finger too for those left hand shots..

An't that bad, thumb and pinkey are the most important fingers. It will throb for a while . Cut my thumb off they sewed it back, it works but no feeling. , cut the tip off of another finger they threw it away said it's not worth chancing an infection and they will have to take more of the finger off. Just do what the dr's say.

An't that bad, thumb and pinkey are the most important fingers. It will throb for a while . Cut my thumb off they sewed it back, it works but no feeling. , cut the tip off of another finger they threw it away said it's not worth chancing an infection and they will have to take more of the finger off. Just do what the dr's say.

That's the spirit. Who needs 10 ?!
  • Like 3

cut the tip off of another finger they threw it away said it's not worth chancing an infection and they will have to take more of the finger off. Just do what the dr's say.

Yep same here, though little more than tip was bitten off...and I was out bow hunting in 2 wks....

Edited by growalot

Sitting on the bed waiting to be stitched up...sounds like all they want to do is stitch cut closed...a little worried that maybe I should get 2nd opinion... Cut down bother me , I could have taped it up myself..numb finger I'm not fond of.... It's my trigger finger too for those left hand shots..

I sliced up my left hand trigger finger real good during bow when I was gutting my deer. It was a little numb for a while during the healing process. Feels fine now.

• Like 1

Did u have a gun with u today?

I did, ( my muzzleloader)and yes I did think about shooting the lock off.. I went walkabout for awhile instead..

That's good news ..papist... I am not a guy that normally goes to the doc for a cut that I could have taped up.. The numbing shots before they stitched hurt worst than stabing myself with a hunting knife.the instant numbness was a little different than what I had experienced in any of my past ,usually self inflicted, wounds..ha.ha

blood pressure is pretty high too. Maybe time to get a doc and have a physical..lol.,

Blood pressure rises naturally with age. This is normal. Also, a single reading is no indicator of health. You need to take several readings over the course of the day, over several days, and then take an average from the results. There are all kinds of reasons why pressure rises over the short term. For me, it's when I don't eat. Taking pressure readings in a fastest state can also skew results.

You can get good monitors for home use these days.

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

Blood pressure rises naturally with age. This is normal. Also, a single reading is no indicator of health. You need to take several readings over the course of the day, over several days, and then take an average from the results. There are all kinds of reasons why pressure rises over the short term. For me, it's when I don't eat. Taking pressure readings in a fastest state can also skew results.

You can get good monitors for home use these days.

My thought exactly.. I think my average pressure sitting here on the couch isn't even close to what it is sitting in the hospital for like the 2nd time in my adult life.

• Like 1