Birds

tj1187

I messed up the bears. Have you ever seen those old movies that show the clothes lines in the big cities that have pulleys to run them back and forth. That's what I incorporated in my bird feeder system. We have a raised ranch, so I ran this pulley and cable thing out to a tree. So now my bird feeder is suspended about 12 feet off the ground. Haven't had a problem with bears since. ;)

Doc

my feeders are on a ten ft raised deck, never had a problem with the bears before this year was a first. they must of got mad i took down the feeders because they proceded to chew up my 3d archery target deer,and turkey...i put those away after i found them in the woods and bought a 4x4 block which then then proceded to chew up and drag in the woods... guess i am taking up bear hunting next fall

G-man....I don't NEED a bear, since I don't care for the meat and have no desire for a rug or a mount...

But I am considering shooting one ( given a legal situation) simply because they are begining to be such a pain in the butt.. Too damn many of them around, IMHO.. I just need to find someone who likes bearmeat because I would not want the animal to go to waste..

Birds... I LOVE them and have fed them for years..I have also become sort of an amateur "birder"  from watching them while hunting.. I have never taken the time to do a "life list" of birds I have identified, but perhaps that should go on my "bucket list"...

I messed up the bears. Have you ever seen those old movies that show the clothes lines in the big cities that have pulleys to run them back and forth. That's what I incorporated in my bird feeder system. We have a raised ranch, so I ran this pulley and cable thing out to a tree. So now my bird feeder is suspended about 12 feet off the ground. Haven't had a problem with bears since. :(

Doc

Hey Doc no need to look at ole movies, those type of clothes lines are still in use. I have one in my yard  :(

G-man....I don't NEED a bear, since I don't care for the meat and have no desire for a rug or a mount...

But I am considering shooting one ( given a legal situation) simply because they are begining to be such a pain in the butt.. Too damn many of them around, IMHO.. I just need to find someone who likes bearmeat because I would not want the animal to go to waste..

Birds... I LOVE them and have fed them for years..I have also become sort of an amateur "birder"  from watching them while hunting.. I have never taken the time to do a "life list" of birds I have identified, but perhaps that should go on my "bucket list"...

If you get one on the ground I will gladly take the meat...and FYI...you could probably make about 200-400 bucks on a rug if you didn't want it...FYI