What to plant

I have a piece of my property, about 20' wide by 100' long.  Get some mid and late day sun, but not an immense amount.  On one side of the swath, the West side, is my lawn.  On the East side is the woods, about 100 acres +/-.  To the south would be my neighbors lawn and to the North would be more of my property, ferns, pine trees, and such. 

Is there something I could plant in this swath that would provide a good food source for the deer?  Something they would be enticed by and want to repeatedly return to.

Is there something that would thrive here?  Something that requires moderate to little sun, and about the same amount of water.

Would it even be worth it?

And that small of an area clover is all i can think of that will bounce back quickly from overgrazing. If you decide to go with clover, go with a white Ladino clover, they are larger than other variants and can easily be found in most local agways or online. You may want to add in that mix Pasja turnips (no root ball), they are leaf heavy and grow back from grazing and will provide protection of your clover until they take root.

• Like 1