Let's see your dogs..

nyantler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my 17 year old Lab Emmitt on the day I had to put him down. October 18th 2010.  He was a mean flusher and retriever.  I still miss him so much

I never can remember my brothers birthday.....

I can give the dates I brought them home and the days they were lost.

I told my friend I would rather put one of my kids down. He thought that was terrible. I sai dwell if I put my dog and one of my kids in the trunk of my car and drove around for two hours which one would be happy to see me when I let them out?  Sorry it was some levity to help me ease over the hump.  When I back the truck in the garage after work, I am still looking for him to be looking out the glass in the door.  My garage is hooked to my house. His his were giving out. But a year ago when he was a pup of 16, we went pheasant hunting with a friend and his son.  He put out two for the young man to get a shot at.  He couldnt hardly walk for a few days, but they both had a great day. 

My chocolate Lab Pitbull mix. Rescued him from a shelter. He was 2 years old when we got him. He was in the shelter for 3 months and when we got him out it took us 4 baths to get him to where when we rinsed the soap off of him it was clear and not dirty. He now claims my dads lazy boy chair and will bark at him until he lets my dog sit there. His bark isnt a normal bark though, it literally sounds like a seal... i took him to the vet to see what was wrong and they said nothing was wrong it was just his own bark. It is a really cool sound. It cuts out half way through and sounds weird. He is afraid of guns though. And i named him gunner.. go figure. i wanted to take him out in the woods and see if i couldnt train him for grouse or duck and goose retrieving but as soon as i pick up a gun he takes off like a bat out of hell and runs to my room and hides by my bed or in my bed. oh well. Hes a great friend. HEs a little hyper but hes still somewhat a pup i guess. He sits and shakes and kisses. Tought him to sit and shake within the first week i had him. I got him when i was on Winter break so i was able to be hoime all day with him when i first got him. It was suppose to be my dads dog but he runs to me and listens to me over my dad so.  :P          when i go to feeed him he will sit and wait until i say okay to eat it, and when he does eat it hes like a vaccum. if we leave the other dogs food out he will walk by and grab a bite then walk into the other room where nobody is and then eat it and do it again. On the cage we have for during the day when we are gone he actually pushed the front open/bent it open and squeezed out the bottom. now we have the clamps going all the way aroundn it cuz when he gets out he gets bored and trashes the house for fun. hes a great dog though. but any load noises like if i go down back and shoot the gun, he hides, and he hides during rain because he is affraid of thunder. Even if it dosnt thunder he dosnt like rain. But he loves the hose and water. i baught him a baby pool and during the summer he splashes in it and bites the little waves he bites its a riot to watch.  idk if this picture will show up but here it goes. this is the only photo i have on this computer of him. sorry. ill see if i cant get another one up soon

post-1944-131455404234_thumb.jpg

Here is Twister.  We have had him for 2 years now. he was abandoned at the vets office that my wife use to work for and instead of shipping him off to the SPCA the Vet let my wife bring him home. He loves tug o' war , chasing squirrels, lizards, frogs, cats.... really anything that moves. and he will not go to sleep at night unless he is in one of my kids beds and under the blanket!

post-1880-13145540456_thumb.jpg

post-1880-131455404579_thumb.jpg

post-1880-131455404595_thumb.jpg

These are my crazy dogs.  Maybe I am crazy for having three.  We got the lab last year and he retrieves well and does the whistle comands great.  This was his first day out this year he did great but has alot of puppy in him still.  You can't tell from the pic but he is 8 months old and 70-75 pounds. 

The two beagle ran decent for the conditions on sunday and this was after in the truck I think they were tired!!

post-927-131455404612_thumb.jpg

post-927-131455404633_thumb.jpg

Here's a pooch I had spent some time with over the summer. Don't let them short stubby legs fool ya, he had a motor on him. :)  He couldn't stand a deer in the yard one bit. He could be sleeping hard on the other side of the house and as soon as a deer walked out his sniffer would get to twitching and it was off to the races out the door in a flash,lol. He'd only chase them to the edge of the yard.

I always wondered what would happen to this little guy if one of them deer finally decided to let him catch them. :O  Came awefully close a couple times. The deer never seemed to mind much and always came back for more.

027_filtered.jpg

032_filtered.jpg