Let's see your dogs..

nyantler

This is a puppy, and recent picture of my buddy. Her name is roxie, and due to some very unfortunate events i need to find a home for her. I have to move in march and places that accept dogs usually have enormous down payments. Hopefully a family member will take her so i can still see her

post-1768-13145540473_thumb.jpg

post-1768-131455404987_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleu1.jpgHere is my 1/2 Bluetick Coonhound 1/2 ? lab maybe.

She is a southern dog my wife and daughter drove to NC to get her. She loves the snow though! She is 1 1/2 years old and a bit over 60 pounds. She is also trained not to bark at the deer in the yard! Can not be scaring them. She will go out and lay down and watch them.

width=611 height=581http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/Fletch1/Bleu3.jpg[/img]

width=618 height=592http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/Fletch1/Bleu2-1.jpg[/img]

• 8 months later...

Here's Angel ...she was a save me pup our daughter brought home after my female shepherd passed from teet cancer....Shes a great companion in the woods and has saved me a couple of times from attacks( raccoons & skunk) ...and well caused a few skunk issues :stink:

When they were passing out breed names she thought they said German pointer not Shepherd :lol:

Edited by growalot

This is my Australian Shepherd puppy, only had him for 3 weeks now. He's 10 weeks old on Friday. He's already got paws as big as 50 lb. dog, no idea how big he's going to get. He's the great grandson of my childhood dog that I had from age 7 to 23. Not going to gun train him or anything like that, but he already loves a good hike.

post-437-0-95145400-1316003190_thumb.jpg

Sorry to say our 17 year old beagle "Gunner" left home July 4th weekend never to return... our assumption is he went of somehwere to die.. My family spent the weeekend searching the neighborhood and putting out flyers.. combing the woods... but came up with nothing... He may have saved us the trouble of having to make the decision to have him put down someday.. but it would have been nice to have found him... even if dead.. and put the matter to rest... tough not knowing.

This is little Miss Abby. She is a yellow Lab and beagle mix. First pic she is around 10-11 weeks old. The middle pic is at around 6 months. And the last is pretty recent. Now she is 10 1/2 months old and we are thinking she is right around full grown. right around 40lbs and the size of a large beagle

post-999-0-93600900-1316009769_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-48506500-1316009788_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-75526200-1316009796_thumb.jpg

The first one is my current small game hunter. A bit unconventional but he caught on and he loves it. 1/2 pit bull 1/2 boxer and is the best dog I ever owned. The second is my wifes pain in the but. And the third and fourth was my first hunting dog. He got a little fat and lazy. We had to put him to sleep when he was 15.

post-639-0-43675500-1316026532_thumb.jpgpost-639-0-44798400-1316026541_thumb.jpgpost-639-0-06717400-1316026421_thumb.jpg

post-639-0-14378400-1316026296_thumb.jpg

Sorry about your dog, Joe. I know how tough it is. So hard to say goodbye to the good ones...

My dogs are part of the family. I have two English Setters...field trial dogs.

The male is Hemlock...he is 12 years old. He used to run like the wind, but his hips are pretty well worn out. He was a pointing fool. The first photo...just his head...he is pointing pigeons up on the roof. The other is when he enjoyed some water during a hot afternoon run.

My little orange/white bitch is Lilac. One photo is of her backing (honoring Hemlock's point) and the other is when she was a pup in '06 with my wife.

post-245-0-19851000-1316026827_thumb.jpg

post-245-0-03623400-1316027007_thumb.jpg

post-245-0-99377000-1316027263_thumb.jpg

post-245-0-14432100-1316027780_thumb.jpg

post-610-0-86445000-1316030257_thumb.jpg

This is Molly my 5 year old red/white border collie. She goes to work with me every day. She has two favorite spots....riding on the gator or running like a bat out of hell right along side of it....and she is one helluva wood chuck hunter! I wouldn't mind my next life to be something similiar to hers!

No more animals for our family... I have never been without a dog in the family for since I was born (52 Years)... time for my wife and I to enjoy an empty nest... I love having a pet, but hard saying goodbye to one of the family when the time comes... don't care to do it again.. I thought about maybe a goldfish, but couldn't think of how to train one to bring me my slippers.. :derisive:

Here is a great poem that I like to share for the ones who have lost their loving pets. Been down that road a few times and man it rips your heart out. This poem was not written by me but is based after the Norse Legend. Enjoy.

The following poem is inspired by this Norse Legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

Has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Edited by wdswtr

The first one is my current small game hunter. A bit unconventional but he caught on and he loves it. 1/2 pit bull 1/2 boxer and is the best dog I ever owned. The second is my wifes pain in the but. And the third and fourth was my first hunting dog. He got a little fat and lazy. We had to put him to sleep when he was 15.

post-639-0-43675500-1316026532_thumb.jpgpost-639-0-44798400-1316026541_thumb.jpgpost-639-0-06717400-1316026421_thumb.jpg

post-639-0-14378400-1316026296_thumb.jpg

If your looking for a new dachshound I have a friend of the family that breeds a bunch of different colors. She currently has 4 black and tan pups ready to go if you want one. I have 4 dachshounds, 2 reds a black and tan and a chocolate dapple plus a little pisser of a chi that gives the dachs hell all the time. Had another red and a pug we have put to sleep in the last 5 yrs hurts like hell to lose one, we consider them like our children.

Edited by erussell

If your looking for a new dachshound I have a friend of the family that breeds a bunch of different colors. She currently has 4 black and tan pups ready to go if you want one. I have 4 dachshounds, 2 reds a black and tan and a chocolate dapple plus a little pisser of a chi that gives the dachs hell all the time. Had another red and a pug we have put to sleep in the last 5 yrs hurts like hell to lose one, we consider them like our children.

Thank you but as much as I loved my daschund I dont think I would get another one right now. Mine was extremely lovable but terribly stubborn and I dont have the time to devote to that kind of training. Great hunting dog by the way. I will be looking for a English Springer Spaniel soon so if you know anybody that breeds them I would love to know.