Second Season Live From the Blind

The_Real_TCIII

Woke up to thick fog. Went to sleep with a cloudless moon filled sky. Geese were flying last night and got screwed up this morning with the fog. A few ducks came in, one merg down. A couple sky busting type shots but nothing great. Heard about as many shots as opener for deer. Going soon to chase some geese. Hope to find some asleep in the fields.

You'd be dead within minutes if you ate a merganser. We had a slow morning on the lake, only killed one longtail hen. I'm proud to say I was 1-1, my boat mates couldn't hit a cow in the ass with a snow shovel! There are probably a tenth of the birds I'm used to seeing out there. Maybe wind out of the north a couple days will bring more down? I got checked by the dec on the way out, that's my first time in 22 years hunting

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

Well I found the geese and the land owner who promptly but nicely told me no dice. They were without exaggeration about 15-20 yards off the side of the road first drive by.

Did end the day with one Canada. My lab made a fairly long swim and earned her room and board. First Canada retrieve for her.

post-4186-0-05501600-1451162642_thumb.jp

post-4186-0-70164500-1451162669_thumb.jp

• Like 1

How do those mergansers taste ? Like a seagull but worse ?

I swear the duck in The Christmas Story at the end is a merganser Look at the long neck.

Actually, the only individuals that I know who ever ate mergansers are my hunting buddy's beagles.

He cooks them up and feeds them to his beagles, and they seem to like them quite well.

Actually, the only individuals that I know who ever ate mergansers are my hunting buddy's beagles.

He cooks them up and feeds them to his beagles, and they seem to like them quite well.

That's not saying much, I used to own two beagles who at their own feces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This morning was more like duck weather. Rain and strong wind, though temps were high. A few came in kind of close, but nothing shoot able. Going to have to figure how to do a better spread seems like. Ducks did fly but much less shooting than yesterday and not as many seen this morning.

Geese flew this morning and we are going chasing here soon. Hopefully will get into a flock.