Browning camera deal

peepsight

Phade,

What distinguishes the '15 from the '14?

WNYB covered the body.

My answer would be, pass on the '14 and buy the '15. BTC5HD does a good job adjust up and down the spectrum for night images. It gets a little blur when moving deer are close up (like nearly all cams do), but otherwise it's a pretty solid cam. The cam did have night image issues early on that a firmware update fixed.

My strike force (purchased in September 2015) had taken roughly 5,000 pics this fall/winter.. i checked the cam this pass Saturday and the dang IR isn't working at night now since the last card pull a couple weeks ago, in which i installed brand new batteries as well... just black pics with only the deer eyes being somewhat visible..

might be sending this one back now..

My strike force (purchased in September 2015) had taken roughly 5,000 pics this fall/winter.. i checked the cam this pass Saturday and the dang IR isn't working at night now since the last card pull a couple weeks ago, in which i installed brand new batteries as well... just black pics with only the deer eyes being somewhat visible..

might be sending this one back now..

If it is the BTC5HD, make sure it has the latest firmware update. There was one done specifically to address night pics.

Edited by phade

I do not know how or why, but i pulled the camera out of the woods last night to update firmware, and see if that would fix the black pictures at night... checked the sd card that was in there when i got home and the dang camera took perfect pictures day and night since Saturday!  

Ill update firmware anyways but i was happy to see that it was functioning properly again.. actually extremely happy to find my #1 buck on the hit list made the firearms season as well..

I have a Browning that wasn't taking pics .... Monkeyed around with it in the woods... Didn't seem to work, so I pulled it and walked down to camp.... When I turned it on I saw there were 57 pics!! All taken while I walked down the hill...lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk