CCW pocket stuffer suggestions ..

As you may know a full sized carry is not easy to conceal 24/7. Winter or summer , it doesn't seem to matter. My Beretta Tomcat .32 never leaves my pocket It's stuffed with Winchester Silver points with an extra mag in back pocket. I figure this is better to carry than any larger bore stuffed in the safe and not on me. Mind you , I'm not paranoid and absolutely find the need to carry. I have the right so I will I'm looking for a .380 or preferably a 9mm pocket stuffer without breaking the bank but yet know it is reliable too. I looked at the Ruger LC9 That extra bit of height and width compared to the LCP (380) made for a huge difference of not condusive to throwing it in the pocket. I'm pretty jacked in good 9mm and 40 caliber ammo so trying to avoid the 380 if possible. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

I have a SIG P938(9mm), XDS45 and a Taurus TCP 380 as my usual carry guns and carry my XDS 90% of the time, even in the summer with a good holster and loose T-shirt. The other times I'll grab the SIG or TCP and put it in my pocket if I'm going really light. A good IWB holster will do wonders for concealment.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

are the shields a good pocket stuffer or too big ? I've been looking for years for a little more punch for pocket

Shields are too large for pocket carry. The Kahr CM9 may be worth looking at also. A little large for pocket carry but may be doable.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What about a Derringer the make one (don't remember manufacturer ] that you can switch out the barrel to almost and Pistol cal and was rigid as heck they had it at runnings in Canandaigua

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bond Arms ?

I like the .45 / 410 shotshell

are the shields a good pocket stuffer or too big ? I've been looking for years for a little more punch for pocket

. My shield in40 S&W fits nicely in a jeans pocket or in the cargo pociket of my scrubs for work. Easdily removable. I also have a Taurus short barrel 357 mag revolver I carry also. It is a nice pocket handgun also

I have owned both. Lc9 I hated. Size was great and it fit my hand nicely The trigger was horrible- it was long and a heavy pull. That gun was not the striker fire they are currently using. I traded my lc9 in. The lcp I love. Great gun for the pocket trigger is great and has built in laser. The lcp is my favorite 380-I've shot the Smith and wesson body guard and disliked the trigger. Played with Beretta nano at sore but still preferred lcp feel in my hand.

Check out the glock 27 that's smaller

you got "deep pockets" ??  yah they all really need to be handled and tried out . you have good store nearby? Wear your most used pants, shorts to the store and try as many as possible. As mentioned the Nano , Glock 43 ,and Kahr are options also. some are thinner, some shorter, some with rail for laser if desired..It all goes back to whatever fits your hand and your pocket (literally)

The guys covered pretty good, I'll just add. I own the Tomcat .32 along with the lcp and 9mm Shield. So I know where you're coming from I think.

The Lcp benefits greatly from a Hogue Handall grip, I also upgraded to Wolff springs. .380 is not to much of a leap from the .32 Silver tips but I'm ok with it. Easy all day pocket carry. You'll want to get this grip as the barebones LCP does not have the hand filling grip of the Tomcat. If you just want to replace the Tomcat and are not looking for a large increase in stopping power , I think you'll enjoy the LCP just get those grips and use the mags with the finger extension .

Now the Shield carries very very well on my belt in a pancake holster , it disappears under the smallest of cover garment . I sit in my recliner all night with it on and don't notice it.

It's become my ECD carry. If I'm litlely dressed or tucked in shirt then I rock the LCP in a pocket holster .

Myself I can't pocket carry the Shield .Nano, Kahr, perhaps the single stack Glock idk for sure but I'd hit a well stocked gun shop and try them out . Good luck , let us know what you decide .

Here's an interesting .380 round , http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/ammo/products/380-auto-90gr-xtreme-penetrator-ammunition?variant=1066236304

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

If you're talking a true pocket carry, that no one will ever know you have on you, then its the Ruger LCP (380 Cal). Its tiny and reliable. The S&W Bodyguard 380 is another good choice but its a tad larger than the Ruger. Get the LCP,  load it with hardball ammo, stick it in your front pocket and go.