Carrying a Crossbow afield

peepsight

Hey peepsight, Did you try your double sling yet? Not sure what brand I have but it looks just like the one in the picture. I use a piece of styrofoam like (one end) in the attached picture and put my fore grip in the middle and just attach with a small bungee. Helps the fore grip from digging into your back and also help with the rocking back and forth. Sorry so late but I've been away from the forums for a while.

post-7554-0-92955700-1457554446_thumb.jp

• 4 months later...

I'm looking into getting a Xbow right now for a number of reasons, and was wondering are you guys carrying these cocked? the thought makes me nervous.....then again, if I can think back that far, I was nervous about having sex the first time too, and that turned out pretty good.

we are finally able to use a cocking device in Wyoming so I guess I can carry it uncocked and not worry about it, but cocking them in the store was a pain in the butt,, I cant imagine the fun in the field hanging onto a rock face doing it.

I whether a it's dark or not when I first get to the
Spot I cock it. Once seated I seat the arrow. During the light hours if I am walking around scouting I walk with it cocked and an arrow in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When hiking into a spot/treestand, I always use the double sling and do not have the crossbow cocked. From my experience, being able to get an accurate shot off while hiking to a stand is very rare (for me anyways) and not worth taking the chance of tripping and possibly falling on the bolt. I do not still hunt with my crossbow and if I did, would probably carry it cocked and loaded with a bolt.......