Flies and Mice

SplitG2

mice is easy, set the sticky traps all over and just have ur house set full of traps. and for flies, im pretty sure you can get a flie bomb. u have to stay out of the house and get all animals out of the house for a coupple hours but u let the "bomb" go off and it will drop them dead and u just gotta clean up the bodies :P

I asked about this on another thread, I have cluster flies. They get in the smallest cracks and the only way to get rid of them is to bomb them. Fast Eddie recommended using a flea bomb which I haven't tried yet. My problem is the dead flies all over the place when I open up the camp. They are not a problem when I am there. Mice, I use the poison blocks.

When you get to camp , just break out the gas powered leaf blower ..... ::P .. ::P ... ::)

Tractor Supply has the Fly Traps that you could hang outside . You put some stinky stuff in there . It will draw the flies and some bees / hornets . Basically , it's like the fly jugs I remember seeing in barns when I was a kid but these are plastic , reusable and can be hung in a tree , etc ..

http://www.tractorsupply.com/insect-bait-traps/captivator-fly-trap-2212174

you can spray the outside of the building.

we have the house sprayed every year for bee's, spider's, fiies ect.

it help's alot.

as for the mice, just try to seal up all the hole's and crack's.

Who do you contact to spray the house. I heard about this, also treating the ground outside the building is  a good idea. Seems like cluster flies live on the larva of earth worms.

I get my house sprayed every year. it is a spray that dries and forms a barrier that bees and flies won't come back on. we get 5 or 6 of our friends together and get a great price. about 130 bucks. If there is a bees nest on the property the whole season...back he comes to take care of it,.....no charge.

SplitG2, When I built my house every weekend I needed a vacume to suck them all up. I called Cooperative extension and the recommended a spray solution to spray on the outside of the house. I tried to buy it on line and they would not ship it to N.Y. So I had it sent to my friends house in Pa. They recommend you spray your house in the last weeks in AUGUST, sometimes I did it in early Sept. It worked great not a fly all hunting season and none in the spring. They try to winter in houses and barns so make sure all cracks and overhangs are sealed and have no way of getting into the house. All you need is a 2 gallon hand pump sprayer, water and the powder to mix with the water and spray the house. All you need is 2 scoops, they are 1oz. The box I bought has lasted me 5 yrs and I still have some left. Cost as I remember was about $60-$70 bucks. If you look up cluster flies on line you can find the name of the chemical. I would give you the name but the box is up state in my garage sorry.

Dave

Flies, spray with malathion.. can be found in any greenhouse  or nursery , lasts for months can be powder or liquid, can spray your buildings and lawn kills flies dead and keeps them from making it into your house, bee/wasps use sevin. Best luck i have with killing mice bait bars,can't carry them away have to eat on site rather than the granules that can be carried away and stored.