Obama executive order a go.....

Philo. I obviously wasn't implying you individually. I was just stating. Some people might object to background checks totally. But i have never heard or seen anyone object to one while purchasing a firearm at a store. I find it interesting that you don't hear anything about doing one at a cabelas but a check on a private sale seams to be a major issue. I dont know when background checks came into play, maybe you do. WAs there this much concern about it when it happened?

I have a personal question. You can answer or not if u choose. If i read correctly, You stated you are against background checks period. Would you be ok with someone who has commited violent crimes the opportunity to purchase a firearm? How would we be able to weed those people out?

Philo. I obviously wasn't implying you individually. I was just stating. Some people might object to background checks totally. But i have never heard or seen anyone object to one while purchasing a firearm at a store. I find it interesting that you don't hear anything about doing one at a cabelas but a check on a private sale seams to be a major issue. I dont know when background checks came into play, maybe you do. WAs there this much concern about it when it happened?

I have a personal question. You can answer or not if u choose. If i read correctly, You stated you are against background checks period. Would you be ok with someone who has commited violent crimes the opportunity to purchase a firearm? How would we be able to weed those people out?

Someone convicted of a violent crime shouldn't be allowed to even walk the streets. That would take care of any problems with them being able to buy a gun, and it would eliminate both parts of the term 'background check'.

The 'background checks' part of this isn't even a serious issue:

Your MD is now 'allowed' to disclose your personal information to the government. So far it's 'allowed' rather than 'required', but under the ACA the vast majority of MD's are 'required' to tow the government line. Be very careful about what you say to your doctor.

There will be an increase in government spending to advance 'smart gun' technology. Who do you think will be controlling and tracking the 'brains' of those guns if this comes to fruition? The thing I like most about guns is that they're stupid mechanical contraptions.

But it's just a small step, right?

• Like 1

Never give an inch!

You're going to end up giving up more then an inch. Allowing for unchecked gun violence will in the long run end up costing you your right to bear arms. As everyone here knows, but won't admit, the times are changing and those changes are going against gun owners. Failure on the federal level, lead by republicans who are beholden to the insane policies of a brain-dead NRA, are being meet with success on the state level as states pass more gun control measures. Instead of standing firm on your misguided beliefs, perhaps you might want to work towards passing sensible gun control measures instead of offering zero solutions. As more and more people grow tired of gun violence in their cities, and as cities expand ever outward, more politicians will answer their calls for increased gun control, after all it is the folks in the cities that carry elections.  

• Like 1

Philo. The md thing is another slippery slope. I was just goin off the background check cause thats what had been discussed.

As far as the violent criminal part....you are suggesting that they should all have life sentences. We know that doesnt happen in the real world. So your plan isnt practical. So dealing with real life scenarios how else could we as a society weed out people who shouldnt ever touch a firearm?

Diplo, the problem here is no one ever offers up a solution, all they do is bitch and moan about how the government is out to take away all their guns

Solutions: each agency put the information in the the already established NICS. When someone knowingly fills out one and gets denied follow up with it.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Philo. The md thing is another slippery slope. I was just goin off the background check cause thats what had been discussed.

As far as the violent criminal part....you are suggesting that they should all have life sentences. We know that doesnt happen in the real world. So your plan isnt practical. So dealing with real life scenarios how else could we as a society weed out people who shouldnt ever touch a firearm?

Enforce the laws already in place.

• Like 4

Instead of your paranoid reaction did any of you read what the president plans on doing? It amounts to pretty much nothing.even the morons that make up the leadership of the NRA call his actions "surprisingly thin" while also stating that these actions "are not really doing anything"

Did you catch his comment about how implementing gun control isn't that difficult. If we made changes and got women the vote and ended slavery , this shouldn't be that hard. See any disconnect with the two topics he chose to contrast with? They were done through Constitutional amendment. The other item that burns my buns is the notion that the vast majority of the nation want this and it is Congress holding it up. I am not buying it. If they had the support that they claim then get the process started and let's do this right and through the process that was built into our system. Why do you think they are hesitant to go this route? Because the support they claim is NOT there. I will live with what the system sets forth IF they follow the correct process. 

• Like 3

Newest glitch beyond the no fly list. People onssa ssi and ssd will be scrutinized cloisely. Anyone with any mental health concerns are disqualified. A lot of veterans fit that label. Anyone who thinks this is the end of it and it is thin, much less supports it needs their heads examined.

• Like 6

Perhaps gun ownership should be a privilege and not a right. It is proven an a daily basis that too many people are unable to properly handle such a right. Driving is a privilege, subject to numerous laws and restrictions and unless you wantonly abuse that privilege the state allows you to freely drive wherever and whenever you want. The same should apply to guns, pass a background check, like you would a roadtest, follow the law and be on your armed way.

You thinking of maybe having the same competent staff do the checks that did Tashfeen Malik's vetting?

• Like 2

Enforce the laws already in place.

this is something i can't agree more with.  laws we have need to be enforced to the fullest. those laws also include background checks.  Criminals with gun charges should never be plea bargained down.  I would love for this to be addressed nationally.  Why is the DA handing out these sentence's and allowing career criminals to be plea bargained down?   Why aren't we throwing the book at people with gun crimes?  This in my opinion and I'm sure most peoples could solve a ton of problems pertaining to gun violence.   A criminal could care less if they get pinched with a gun doing something.  they serve a few years or none for that matter, and they are back out on their grind.  a few years in the clink is nothing more than a badge of honor for some people, not a deterrent.  

As more and more people grow tired of gun violence in their cities, and as cities expand ever outward, more politicians will answer their calls for increased gun control, after all it is the folks in the cities that carry elections.  

The highest levels of gun violence in cities occur in specific high crime areas. The offenders often have criminal records and are repeat offenders of firearms laws. They obtain and  possess their firearms illegally. They do not obey current firearms laws and they won't obey any new firearms laws. Or do you think they would for some reason???

• Like 2

And the majority are in cities with the strictest gun laws. Chicago and New York City. I guess gun control works well. I hope gang members and all other criminals followings the laws being imposed on us. Yeah I know a fairy tale

• Like 1

So once again Obama is playing dictator with more executive orders...this time gun control....It is getting real difficult biting my tongue on what I think someone in this country should do...

Virgil ..again I never said nor suggested anyone do anything "to" the president...Those are your thoughts rambling around in your head...don't try throwing them at me.

Well Virgil...let me make this perfectly clear to you, I owe you no explanations for ANYTHING I post,period.

Now that I have that established, go back to where I responded to Rob,several post before you hopped in:

I chose my wording to see what "thoughts" they would elicit period.

Your response was typical of you and expected. I have one more poster that will eventually respond I'm sure, with his typical response. The only surprise I have in this, you beat him to it.

Grow, did you read your first post?

If I am that "One More Poster", then, yes I have something to say. You did imply and even suggest

It is getting real difficult biting my tongue on what I think someone in this country should do...

what your "thoughts" are. Now you are back-peddling and trying to take the heat off what you actually did imply and suggest. Mr VJP knew what you meant ( we all did ) and even responded in kind on post #3.  

Perhaps gun ownership should be a privilege and not a right. It is proven an a daily basis that too many people are unable to properly handle such a right. Driving is a privilege, subject to numerous laws and restrictions and unless you wantonly abuse that privilege the state allows you to freely drive wherever and whenever you want. The same should apply to guns, pass a background check, like you would a roadtest, follow the law and be on your armed way.

You have to be kidding! Why not just admit you are anti gun and hunting and stop messing with this forum! Tell Hillary no one on this site is voting for her!

A solution was offered, by The Jerkman and myself. Impeach. Guess for all the crying, moaning, and fighting no one seems to know how to do that. 

Let's not forget the true agenda,Confiscation.

And lets not forget the massive amount of illegal, untraceable long guns and hand guns that are in the hands of criminals right now.

Does anyone honestly think that those guns will ever be surrendered or confiscated ?? So take guns away from law abiding citizens and what one group, besides police and military, will have guns???? Any guesses ??  anyone??

• Like 1

Let's not forget the true agenda,Confiscation.

Guess that's why most police forces around the country have those tanks in the garage when they approach a suspected armed suspect. Must be figgering on trouble when confiscation takes place down the road.