Long Island

tj1187

Tough to hunt with the regulations. Was there at 6/20; last to get checked in, so wasn't hunting until 8am. Had to be out of woods by 4:37 to be back by 30 minutes after published sun set. Tough to walk out at that time, while there is plenty of shooting light. But, it's Long Island hunting. Last guy at check station brought in a very small 6; that, and a small fawn was all that was taken Tuesday per the dec worker. There must have been 40-50 hunters that i saw Tuesday am checking in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MONTAUK holds some very nice deer  as they say  some good urban bucks  i wrk out there for years as a kid on the party boats as a mate  and you did not have to go far to hunt (cross street from captains cove)   ....

Edited by Kayakwilly

• 2 weeks later...

HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT IN MOTAUK ...

no good, hunted the County Park, saw two, but that place is so thick with briars and stuff it's tough getting a shot..........we went out when we had snow last week, tracks all over the sides of the roads and around houses.....not much in the woods itself.

I went out Sat morn in the blizzard on private land, after a failed attempt at goose hunting. Still hunted along the bluffs where there was a lull in the wind. Deer where on there feet milling around. Got within 40 yds and took the biggest doe. I saw about 20 in all. That was my 4th doe for the year, all taken in Jan.

I went out Sat morn in the blizzard on private land, after a failed attempt at goose hunting. Still hunted along the bluffs where there was a lull in the wind. Deer where on there feet milling around. Got within 40 yds and took the biggest doe. I saw about 20 in all. That was my 4th doe for the year, all taken in Jan.

were do you goose hunt out there (riverhead)...

• 6 months later...