Dead squirrel

turkeyfeathers

Found this critter below a tree in our yard. Can only guess it died of old age or fell from tree top. No way I'll ever know I guess. I did see one fall from a tree about 30' from ground at folks house on Christmas. It flailed thru the air , hit the ground and quickly ran off all embarrassed

post-4567-0-31648300-1452195812_thumb.jp

Thought I'd make your skin crawl(you as in general terms)...We had a fox terrier that found a bird in the yard...that bird had a flea caused tape worm.... the dog ..unknown to us contracted said tape worm...we had no idea..until she vomited up a pile of tape worm half her size..We about flipped out...I believe I did before puking my self.  Crating the dog and bagging the evidence for a trip to the vets...the vet looked green upon seeing this ..when labs came in...they said they had never seen such a case before ...imagine what a tape worm would do to a small bodied animal...they figured it's what killed the bird in the first place...

Fleas can also lead to hair loss as a result of frequent scratching and biting by the animal, and can cause anemia in extreme cases.[13]:126As a vector

Besides the problems posed by the creature itself, fleas can also act as a vector for disease. Fleas transmit not only a variety of viral, bacterial and rickettsial diseases to humans and other animals, but also protozoans and helminths.[14]:72–73

• Protozoa: Trypanosome protozoans such as those of the subgenus, use a variety of flea species opportunistically as vectors.[14]:74

Fleas that specialize as parasites on specific mammals may use other mammals as hosts; therefore, humans are susceptible to the predation of more than one species of flea.[17]

Thought I'd make your skin crawl(you as in general terms)...We had a fox terrier that found a bird in the yard...that bird had a flea caused tape worm.... the dog ..unknown to us contracted said tape worm...we had no idea..until she vomited up a pile of tape worm half her size..We about flipped out...I believe I did before puking my self.  Crating the dog and bagging the evidence for a trip to the vets...the vet looked green upon seeing this ..when labs came in...they said they had never seen such a case before ...imagine what a tape worm would do to a small bodied animal...they figured it's what killed the bird in the first place...

That's so gross Grow.... :bad:

I leased my sugar bush to a guy some years ago. He was having trouble with squirrels chewing lines. He put D-Con all over without consulting me. My wife discovered it on a dog walk. Actually, the dog discovered it. It was really good Mrs. C was paying close attention. We don't think the dog ate any. Anyway, he was fine.

Also, the next door neighbor had a rat problem - and a yard full of feral cats she fed. She put rat poison where the cats couldn't get it. Unfortunately, the dying rats came right out in the open for the cats to eat. The positive thing was fewer feral cats. There may have been a lot of dead foxes and hawks we never found.

I've seen squirrels fall out of the canopy of tall oaks a number of times and were seemingly none worse for wear. It seems a bit unlikely your squirrel perished from a fall, but not impossible.

I leased my sugar bush to a guy some years ago. He was having trouble with squirrels chewing lines. He put D-Con all over without consulting me. My wife discovered it on a dog walk. Actually, the dog discovered it. It was really good Mrs. C was paying close attention. We don't think the dog ate any. Anyway, he was fine.

Also, the next door neighbor had a rat problem - and a yard full of feral cats she fed. She put rat poison where the cats couldn't get it. Unfortunately, the dying rats came right out in the open for the cats to eat. The positive thing was fewer feral cats. There may have been a lot of dead foxes and hawks we never found.

Poison is vile.

• Like 1