Watching the news....

growalot

Looks like the Coumo Youth league is in full swing. Like it's predecessor the Hitler youth league kids are making sure they are watching everything. Gun owners beware...many a family member went on train rides in those times.

Now that may seem like a strong statement but on channel 4 buffalo news tonight a student "spotted"several bullet shells on the dash board of a car in the parking lot..this resulted in a lock down rounding students up in the cafeteria...many many manned patrol cars...cell alerts sent out to parents.

Where did common sense go...you know locating the driver and inquiring about the viewed ammo..not talking a gun..just ammo in open view.police couldn't comment on the "on going investigation"...I Bet...some poor schmuck that was hunting or at the range and for got they placed the bullets on the dash when unloading or emptying his pockets...they'll have to " charge" him with something...just to try and recoup the wasted resources.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 3

There is a movement to instill an irrational fear of guns in kids. By the time these kids are in their late teens, the antis have them. Thats the plan.   Hopefully there are enough honest, responsible adults out there who will be able to set   kids straight.

• Like 3

There is a movement to instill an irrational fear of guns in kids. By the time these kids are in their late teens, the antis have them. Thats the plan.   Hopefully there are enough honest, responsible adults out there who will be able to set   kids straight.

Yeah, you'd hope so! Problem is ALL the major news sources are promoting anti-gun sentiment in their effort to sensationalize the situation to boost rating, solicit advertising &/or justify their 24/7 on-air time. CNN is the worst offender!!

Knee jerk reactions is the norm these days , it would have taken a few minutes to track down the owner of the truck and find out why it was there . The school district is surrounded by farmland and the reservation ,a lot of the population hunts around that school . I could see if it was a school in the city of buffalo ,then it would throw up a red flag.

That doesn't surprise me  TF...Whether correct or not...that would make for a more plausible story for the reaction involved. I mean bullets on the ground!...compared to bullets in a locked vehicle. Either way This really isn't new truth be told...A honor student in our school ,when my kids went, was hauled in because the schools rent a cop went through the parking lot looking in all the students car windows...he saw a steak knife in the back floor boards. She had missed it when unpacking from a family picnic and was suspended, for bringing a weapon onto school grounds..lets see he'll be 30 this April...so this stuff all started quite a while ago...just getting worse.

virgil, on 08 Jan 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Sounds like an over-reaction in Niagara- as does comparing this situation with Naziism.

Hey Virgil  !    Where ya BEEN, Ol Hoss ?

We've missed you..Thought maybe you were out campaigning for Hilary...<<grin>>...

• Like 1

I don't watch over you.  I find your posts to be mostly incoherent gibberish.  And, judging by the fact that you can't defend anything that you post, perhaps even you do too.  But, please keep implying that not agreeing with your half-thoughts makes me slow if it makes you feel smart.

• Like 3

With school shootings being what they are today, and as the father of a middle schooler, if someone spotted bullets left carelessly in view in a car in the school parking lot I too would want both the school and police to over-react, better in a case like this to err on the side of caution. Not calling for any charges to be filed against anyone, just a swift response to insure the safety of the kids in school 

Edited by Uptown Redneck
  • Like 1

The reason why I wouldn't leave ammo on my dashboard is cause I don't want some little P.O.S. to see it and think where there's ammo , there might be a weapon. The next thing you know , you come back to your vehicle and find someone smashed a window and broke in.

• Like 5

I remember when I was in 9th grade , I brought my father's souvenir Japanese rifle to school for a "show & tell" in my social studies class. Here I was walking down the street , getting on a school bus and walking into school with a fully functioning firearm in plain view and no one said a damn thing. In fact , I was the toast of the school bus that day, lol. Times have changed unfortunately.

• Like 1

Uptown there is reacting to a situation and overreaction...from what I viewed on channel 4 it was the latter. Now you say no charges,that SHOULD BE the case..but if this was a student...I will not be surprised of a school record being ruined with a suspension...as with that girl I mentioned..do not think colleges spend little time climbing through records. Also someone, per human nature...Will want their pound of flesh..what ever the charge they come up with.

Now think on this a bit..lock down and rounded up the students in one place the cafeteria.BTW news crew were taking pics(how did they get access?)I remember a post here of conceal and carry..small enough to fit on their pocket...think..they put the kids in one room and shut the doors...please think about that.

Edited by growalot