Watching the news....

growalot

To that all I can say ... There are so many holes to be poked in the over reaction...you as a parent should be even more afraid for her safety.

Just one example from a perps perspective:

I need to find reactions and reaction times...How to do this? Now lets assume channel 4 was wrong and channel 2 got it right...I'll drop some casings in the parking lot along the walk way and wait and watch out of site...Here is what I found:

1. immediate call to police...

2. doors getting locked

3. students being seen herded through the windows... to one central spot.

Now I am timing this...and checking  for social media and news to light up.. I notice news crews getting in close enough to film students...I'm taking all this information in ...So I have a solid plan to go into the future with...

This all thanks to an over reaction instead of common sense and level heads.God I hope something like this never occurs...because that school, at the least, is ill prepared and has advertised it....IMO

With school shootings being what they are today, and as the father of a middle schooler, if someone spotted bullets left carelessly in view in a car in the school parking lot I too would want both the school and police to over-react, better in a case like this to err on the side of caution. Not calling for any charges to be filed against anyone, just a swift response to insure the safety of the kids in school

Especially when most schools are gun-free zones.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I agree with locking down the school, however I will rather have the school over-react, call me selfish but my daughter's safety and the safety of the other students and teachers take priority over the potential "ruining" of a students record.

How about a school that applies at least a minimum amount of common sense and reacts accordingly. I mean really ..... That was not an over-reaction, but a stupid reaction based on nothing.

So been reading the news article..lock out not down...yet kids still put in one area waiting for news...allowed to send pics of location and numbers with phones. A kid found casings on car hood.They actually talk at one point of closing Friday!

Personal experience...most too young to remember 70's school bomb threats...Well those gave ideas to kids.one being my Step sister.Being tormented by kids for being held back...being " sick" no longer working...a bomb threat...called it in from house then got on the bus.Well of course traceable...Eventually kids caught on to calls being traced and they stopped...

Well..Well...how do you trace this? A test? way better at disrupting say...tests, than a bomb threat,as far as getting caught.

Here's how..

These idiotic remarks as you call them...Well they are the remarks, you as a parent should be posing to your school board...they are thoughts about a flawed plan to "protect your child"  So to me..... Anyone not thinking  about these flaws, that currently have children in the school system ... they aren't erring on the side of protecting the children...they are walking a fools path...

Edited by growalot

Yeah, you'd hope so! Problem is ALL the major news sources are promoting anti-gun sentiment in their effort to sensationalize the situation to boost rating, solicit advertising &/or justify their 24/7 on-air time. CNN is the worst offender!!

Why can't we as lawful gun owners contact All these news sources and ask/demand that instead off doing the anti-gun thing, show & tell the public all the gun laws on the books that are not used or enforced.  We need to turn this anti- gun thing around & put it back on to the gov't. & show the public the laws are out there, we don't need more stupid new ones,. The law officers & judges need to enforce the ones on the books!  It would be great to show the laws & explain them to the non- gun owners every night on the evening news! We as gun owners know the laws , people that don't own guns don't know or care about the laws & need to be advised of them!  We gun owners get all the info. from being brought up with guns,   Scope , NRA, & other sources that anti's & non-gun owners don't get so they need to find out some how!  jmo.

Edited by hunter49
  • Like 1

Th at wouldn't fit into their agenda.

Funny our little c poo entry school s had Moe than 3 bomb scares. I MEAN L'LL ITTLE SCHOOL...the first was flubbed..as registry got upset and hung up...we all went home..second..they the ed in coming buses around set a fire drill and then loaded us high schoolers up and sent us home..none the wiser until we were 're we had to load the buses...I was greeted by date give a and a crying 5 th grader. The others those were fire drills while the cops went to phone source. No hysterics..scared kids or parents..just comin sense actions and felt with. I NO amazing huh. The high school student knew. You just had to look at the teachers faces at the UNschedualed fire drill...one car and a dog would come ..many assumed tricky drug search..but some of us knew certain staff would have been given a heads up first

I need a lap top..stinking Kindle...That was our little country school had more than 3 bomb scares. A secretary got nervous and hung up. Second run buses were turned around and we were sent out side as a fire drill. None the wiser ,until we were told to load the returning buses. I was met at the door by a detective and a crying 5th grader. Common sense and I know, amazing huh? unscheduled

Well I think for the fourth time..I finally caught all the kindled rewrites.WTH!!

Th at wouldn't fit into their agenda.

Funny our little c poo entry school s had Moe than 3 bomb scares. I MEAN L'LL ITTLE SCHOOL...the first was flubbed..as registry got upset and hung up...we all went home..second..they the ed in coming buses around set a fire drill and then loaded us high schoolers up and sent us home..none the wiser until we were 're we had to load the buses...I was greeted by date give a and a crying 5 th grader. The others those were fire drills while the cops went to phone source. No hysterics..scared kids or parents..just comin sense actions and felt with. I NO amazing huh. The high school student knew. You just had to look at the teachers faces at the UNschedualed fire drill...one car and a dog would come ..many assumed tricky drug search..but some of us knew certain staff would have been given a heads up first

WTH is this trying to say? lol !  Thanks for the rewrite, much easier to understand!

That F^&^%&&  Kindle! Mr. B gets the PC at night so I use the kindle...I rewrote that several times and know what it looked like before each send ...when you touch send it eliminates the on screen keyboard and shows what will go out. Then you hit send again....So normally I catch them or most of it....The kindle not only replaces words,but whole sentences????

After a while it just tires me out! ;)

He wanted to get me a lap top for Christmas and I said no...WTH was I thinking!

• Like 1

Ya that freaked me out the first time I saw it on my phone...group messages!...Such a dangerous dangerous thing...way worse than the "butt"/"pocket" dials I do...lol

I'll admit...I have heard some ...lets say, interesting things,  listening to others ,strangers at that,butt dials...they can last a bit too long though... :cheese: