Anyone excited for ice?

BigVal

Got the tip up's and jigging poles all set to go! But with over an inch of rain in the forecast for tomorrow, it will be awhile before I get to use them. And I'm one of those sissy's that doesn't venture on the ice, until I see snowmobiles and atv's out there first. Having fun hunting coyotes, for now though.

• Like 1

North and south end of Canandaigua lake froze pretty much overnight last week and was about 3" thick.  Saw a guy duck hunting and he was in waiters trying to break through the ice to get out to one he got I think.  However the wind, rain and warm temps broke it up.  We have had cold nights here and with the upcoming week of colder temps during the day the lake could start to freeze up again.  only takes a calm night with cold temp to skim over and then it builds up.  How thick is safe ice?

I can't wait for ice....I went snowmobiling up in Indian Lake last weekend and I never realized how many frozen bodies of water I cross. Just took it for granted. Really limits the riding....

Sure does. Did you see Adirondack lake (above Indian Lake made by the dam) by chance? I wanted to make a trip at the end of the month but don't want to make reservations until I know it is frozen.

Sure does. Did you see Adirondack lake (above Indian Lake made by the dam) by chance? I wanted to make a trip at the end of the month but don't want to make reservations until I know it is frozen.

I didn't but NOTHING was frozen. Even the little bodies of water you pass in the truck on the way up. There aren't suppose to be any more warmups in the long range forcast so I would think you would be OK by the end of the month....I don't know if you ever look but www.ilsnow.com is a good source of information on conditions.