Let's hear snow totals

stoneam2006

From Canandaigua south, it's pretty darn hard to tell how much snow we've really gotten since that howling wind has not stopped blowing since it started to snow days ago. But right now we have and inch or two on the ground. How much that wind has blown off or evaporated is anybody's guess.

Yesterday was kind of weird. I tried to go to Eastview Mall, and as I kept getting closer to Victor (going north) I was watching the sky in that direction that looked very black and ugly. Just as I turned onto 96 at main street Victor in the center of town and looked about 100 yards ahead west) and saw a literal wall of snow coming down. No gradual build-up of snowflakes but just a solid wall of snow with zero visibility into it. Actually it was damn scary and something that I have never seen before. I swung into the Corvette dealer and headed back, racing this weird storm. That wide open stretch between Victor and Holcomb had that wall of snow parallel all the way down to a couple of miles north of 5&20. That is when this thing caught up to us and was trying to cut us off from going farther south. I looked west into a big field, and couldn't believe my eyes. This storm was coming across the field, and it looked like a huge monster sand storm, flowing across this field. An absolute curtain of snow, tumbling across the field with huge cloud-like formations of blowing snow that looked to be 80 or 100' high. I was considering looking for a place to outlast this thing. All of a sudden, I was swallowed up into the middle of this, and visibility instantly went to zero. That is not an exaggeration. I got over to the side of the road, and sat there for a few minutes until it thinned out enough to see maybe 15 - 20 yards ahead. Realizing that even though I was off the road (I think), I was still in danger from other cars coming up behind me. So I started off again at a snail's pace. The wind was blowing so hard that  it kept the road blown off a bit, and the blacktop was showing through reasonably well. At least good enough to stay on the road. About 8 miles of this crap, and it started to slow up pretty darn good. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.

• Like 2

From Canandaigua south, it's pretty darn hard to tell how much snow we've really gotten since that howling wind has not stopped blowing since it started to snow days ago. But right now we have and inch or two on the ground. How much that wind has blown off or evaporated is anybody's guess.

Yesterday was kind of weird. I tried to go to Eastview Mall, and as I kept getting closer to Victor (going north) I was watching the sky in that direction that looked very black and ugly. Just as I turned onto 96 at main street Victor in the center of town and looked about 100 yards ahead west) and saw a literal wall of snow coming down. No gradual build-up of snowflakes but just a solid wall of snow with zero visibility into it. Actually it was damn scary and something that I have never seen before. I swung into the Corvette dealer and headed back, racing this weird storm. That wide open stretch between Victor and Holcomb had that wall of snow parallel all the way down to a couple of miles north of 5&20. That is when this thing caught up to us and was trying to cut us off from going farther south. I looked west into a big field, and couldn't believe my eyes. This storm was coming across the field, and it looked like a huge monster sand storm, flowing across this field. An absolute curtain of snow, tumbling across the field with huge cloud-like formations of blowing snow that looked to be 80 or 100' high. I was considering looking for a place to outlast this thing. All of a sudden, I was swallowed up into the middle of this, and visibility instantly went to zero. That is not an exaggeration. I got over to the side of the road, and sat there for a few minutes until it thinned out enough to see maybe 15 - 20 yards ahead. Realizing that even though I was off the road (I think), I was still in danger from other cars coming up behind me. So I started off again at a snail's pace. The wind was blowing so hard that it kept the road blown off a bit, and the blacktop was showing through reasonably well. At least good enough to stay on the road. About 8 miles of this crap, and it started to slow up pretty darn good. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.

He only asked how many inches not a story

• Like 1

coming down pretty good here in north buffalo I just shoveled 3 of my neighbors by the time I was done my place was covered again that's why I usually don't shovel until it stops snowing. we have a few inches here