LED Lights for trailer?

I have had a pair of rectangular l e d s from Harbor Freight on my utility trailer for about five years with no problems. Super bright and work every time. They are probably the most reasonably priced also.

Haven't submerged them. When I had a boat I would always unplug the trailer lights before backing in anyway.

If you check I think they do carry some that are submergible.

Edited by Steve D

Ive had some of the LED lights on my trailers. The problem is when they do die, you cant just swap out a bulb, you end up swapping out the whole fixture. They will die on you at some point.

For example, my truck has puddle lights on the side mirrors, they are LED and both died due to moisture screwing up the contacts on the boards. I have to buy $80 replacements vs $.50 bulbs.

I always had problems with the "bulb type " lights on both trailers . Solved it with the LED lights . Yes , I have had them crap out . I bought a backup set from Harbor Freight and use them as replacement . Since I have my plates on the trailer ramps , it doesn't matter whether I use right or left for a replacement . I will never go back to the Bulb Type . HF often has the LED set at $40 and then I use a 20% off coupon . 

I have on occasion used the HF emergency set that they often sell for $9.95 in a pinch . I have never seen them listed for $34.95 like in the link below .

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-magnetic-led-towing-light-kit-69869.html

Ive had a couple LED fixtures go out on trailers within a year, and those werent cheapo ones, they were the pricey ones I had on my camper and my old 4x8 utility trailer. The only issues Ive had with bulb lights (other than blown bulbs) have been corroded grounds, wires. You can have those issues with LEDs too. Honestly, they are all junk, Id rather keep my replacement parts on the inexpensive side. I really only care about LEDs for when power consumption is an issue, or if I want it to look nicer, but thats just me.