13 HOURS The secret Soldiers of Bengazi

pt0217

I saw a special screening last night.

Thank God we have brave American Soldiers like the men that fought that night.

It's a shame that we have leaders like Obama and Clinton. I hope the thought of this night haunts them the rest of their lives.

RIP

Tyrone Woods

Glenn Doherty

Ambassador Chris Stevens

Sean Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I'm sure it will haunt them as much as the THOUSANDS of lives lost in the mis-directed war in Iraq does Bush and Cheney. Not to mention the power vacuum that created ISIS.

I can't list them all like you did since there are over two thousand but you can see and mourn them here, unfortunately not a movie.

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/branch.php

• Like 2

Benghazi Families Push Back Against Clinton for Calling Them Liars

After screening the new movie 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazithe families of the Benghazi dead described the film as a powerful experience that was sometimes difficult for them to watch.

They stood by their account of then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton blaming a YouTube video for the attack at the memorial service for their loved ones, and promising to take down the person who made the video.

They are not happy about Clinton calling them liars, especially Sean Smith’s mother Pat, who tearfully told Fox News she “couldn’t handle” seeing her son’s death represented on-screen, and sobbed “Hillary is a liar! I know what she told me.”

When host Megyn Kelly repeated Clinton’s accusation that the Benghazi families were somehow confused about the “fog of war” and misunderstood what she was telling them, Smith replied, “Bullfeathers! That’s just plain old bull. I know what she said, and not only did she say it, but Obama said the same thing to me, and Panetta, and Biden, and Susan Rice… I went up to all of them, begging them to tell me what happened, and they all said that it was the video. Every one of them.”

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/14/benghazi-families-push-back-against-clinton-for-calling-them-liars/

I've thought about seeing it. anyone check accuracy or how much Hollywood may have twisted things?  it looks like a good movie.

I'm just not really that up to date on the issue.  I just know people dropped the ball to send in help.  a US consulate/embassy shouldn't ever feel unsafe.  at any point if security could be compromised then any one should have full US military support at their aid and be plenty capable to stand their ground.  I mean these places are put their to help the host country out by supporting US Americans traveling and interacting with these other countries.  it's there in peace.  when crap hits the fan a US citizen abroad should have no hesitation these are safe havens.

• Like 1

I'm sure it will haunt them as much as the THOUSANDS of lives lost in the mis-directed war in Iraq does Bush and Cheney. Not to mention the power vacuum that created ISIS.

I can't list them all like you did since there are over two thousand but you can see and mourn them here, unfortunately not a movie.

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/branch.php

I don't think it's meant to be a finger pointing competition.  i'm pretty sure none of the political leaders mentioned are ok with death.  you stop keeping count after they left office?

• Like 1

My wife read the book a year ago. The book and the movie were a direct account of what happened from the guys that were there. Three of them have come out publicly. Others, I believe, have chosen to remain anonymous. I'm sure some of the movie had to be interpreted simply because Sean Smith and the Ambassador were not alive to give their account. The movie does not get into the politics of it. Just what happened to those people leading up and including the horrific 13 hours they had to endure. It does state in the beginning of the movie it is a true story. If you want to see a story about bravery this is a must see.

• Like 2

For those too young to remember, the same lack of response happened when Carter was POTUS and Iran took over the US Embassy there in 1979.  They held Americans hostage for 444 days.  Only the election and installation of President Reagan got them released.

That seems to say a lot about which American political party hostile foreign governments respect and fear.

At least the Iran hostage crises was not covered up with a bold face lie.

Espresso

This thread was started to discuss this movie and the tragedy it tells about.

If you want to talk about the Iraq war please start your own thread.

Perhaps you should have kept the comments to the movie and not who should be feeling shame for the incident in the movie.

• Like 1

Expressobuzz. You should go see the movie and then come back and give me your opinion who should be held responsible for allowing Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith to be left so vulnerable. Furthermore, who should be held responsible for the rest of those Americans that were left to be slaughtered. In my opinion it was the responsibility of the President and Secretary of State. That being said. I don't want this thread to turn into debate on who's worse, Bush or Obama. That would be a political discussion. Instead, I would prefer to talk about how BAD ASS tough these guys are. And how lucky we are to have men like this in America.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's a good movie and I've already seen interviews with the stars who have themselves said it was a difficult situation to micro-manage. But it was just a movie. I would rather get my information from more accurate and reliable sources. There are more than enough people to blame from the republicans who cut embassy security budgets just two years earlier, to the ambassador himself who's brave but foolish refusal to shelter with the CIA cost him his life and others who may have mis-read a dangerous and quick moving situation. Certainly the soldiers (and ex-military contract soldiers working for the CIA) stepped up and did the best they could and paid for it dearly.

To expect the President and Secretary of State to actively micro manage a fast paced dangerous situation with limited information from half a world away is folly.

I'm sure it's a good movie and I've already seen interviews with the stars who have themselves said it was a difficult situation to micro-manage. But it was just a movie. I would rather get my information from more accurate and reliable sources. There are more than enough people to blame from the republicans who cut embassy security budgets just two years earlier, to the ambassador himself who's brave but foolish refusal to shelter with the CIA cost him his life and others who may have mis-read a dangerous and quick moving situation. Certainly the soldiers (and ex-military contract soldiers working for the CIA) stepped up and did the best they could and paid for it dearly.

To expect the President and Secretary of State to actively micro manage a fast paced dangerous situation with limited information from half a world away is folly.

The Republicans who cut embassy security budgets to the ambassador himself…..No one else you want to mention…Right??

• Like 1

Is there any way to know if this movie is actually factually accurate?  Or, are we willing to temporarily suspend our suspicion/disdain for Hollywood as long as they make a movie to suit our agendas?

The people who were actually there, stated that it was absolutely accurate.

• Like 1

Sad part expresso is that even if it was filmed when happening, you would still question it and support the perpetrators. To me that makes asll your statements very biased. What flavor is the koolaid this month? But you never miss a chance to undermine for sure

Edited by bubba
  • Like 3

Bubba

Happens that it was filmed live. A drone was flying overhead throughout the entire event. Seems they were willing to send an unarmed drone so that the president could watch live. They refused to send any air support. They even refused a low flyover by nearby f16's to intimidate the attackers and buy some time while they awaited support from Tripoli

• Like 1

No matter how you slice it, there is no excuse for ordering all possible help to "stand down".  

There is also no denying they tried to cover it up by saying it was a result of a youtube video, and continued to adhere to that lie until it was proven to be a lie.  Come to think about it, they still blame it on the video.

There is also no way to ignore the timing of this fiasco, coming on 9/11 and just prior to the election, when the narrative was Al Queda was on the run.

Put all of this together and only an avid supporter, willing to deny all logic, would still say there was no way of preventing it, or helping those men.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

The question is, why wasn't help sent, to these people who were pleading for it? There were assets well within striking distance and even a drone flying over the area. So who decided not to send help and why?? Was it the Republicans? who said "no we're not spending money to save them" was it Dick Chaney? was it Bush?  Was it Reagan's ghost? We all know that the current administration and Hilary had absolutely no control over sending help, so who decided to pull the plug on it?? I bet Halliburton was in on it  LOL!! …….What a F'ing joke and what an absolute F'ing disgrace.

Edited by ants
  • Like 4