Lets Lighten The Mood......Bourbon Anyone?

Lawdwaz

This time of year I like to have Crown Royal in a rock glass no ice. Also like BlackBerry brandy the same way. On a hot summer day,a good vodka and lemonade with plenty of ice will do nicely.

I am 58 now. In my younger days,I drank enough JD,Jim Beam,Evin Williams to float a good sized boat. Did some stupid stuff,but never hurt anyone other than myself. Never had a DUI but probably could have a couple times.

Now I enjoy a sip or two while playing guitar in my studio,or the rare times I play a gig.

• Like 2

Caffeine-free diet Coke is the best I can muster any more with the armful of pills that they have me munching down daily alcohol is not really something that I should be getting into.....ha-ha. Boy do I ever get a hankerin' for a beer .... any beer, especially in the summer........ lol.

Ah...... Bourbon, the nectar of the Gods????. Angels Envy and 1792 finished in port make the best damned Manhattan's you'll ever taste. For dinner, Woodford, Knobs Creek, and Makers. Basil Hayden's is excellent over rocks( which incidentally happens to be the first bourbon recipe in the U.S.A). For shots, I have to keep faithful to my old friend Jack????. Buffalo Trace is also excellent neat. I'm over 50 and definitely have a problem????

Oh I forgot.. Our home made hard cider...now that is a sipping brew and the best over all the rest...we have several people in the area that have good years in making hard cider as well. The 4th of July, local batches get tested at parties. :drinks:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Ha, I thought well maybe I'll try that Pappy Van Winkle mentioned here , $80-$250 retail , ok I'll pick up a bottle to try.

Basically you can't . Very low production only one store in the area carries it and most stores get a couple bottles per year that they either raffle off or hold for top customers .

On the secondary market its possible to find at $1,500 and up....... Empty bottles have sold for as much as $300. So if one could buy it retail , you could drink it ,sell the empty bottle and make a profit !

• Like 2

Just texted my nephew in Nashville, he moves in some big circles , NFL players, country stars, pretty big business people . He's had it and will keep an eye out for it , I was hoping he had connections to,it.

He's had it at Blake Sheltons producers farm ..... Bullets, Bourbon and BBQ party.

4587a808c20b5eb40f8477db41a91e23.jpg

The Pappy's is almost gone, but I do have some other options. I LOVE bourbon.

A good friend turned me on to Pappy's a bunch of years back, before the craze. We used to get the 20 year for around $80. One bottle a year, reserved for special occasions. Nowadays those bottles are harder to find than mature bucks on state land...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I drink Crown Royal.  I drink it straight.  I prefer it without ice and keep it in the freezer with a glass so I don't need ice.  It's real smooth that way and I don't sip it.  

Age?  I tell my kids, "That American flag only had 48 stars on it when I was born".

• Like 2

I drink Crown Royal.  I drink it straight.  I prefer it without ice and keep it in the freezer with a glass so I don't need ice.  It's real smooth that way and I don't sip it.  

Age?  I tell my kids, "That American flag only had 48 stars on it when I was born".

If I'm drinking  shots of Crown Royal it's about 2 o'clock in the morning and at that point I have no reason drinking Crown and should have been home hours ago

• Like 1

If I'm drinking shots of Crown Royal it's about 2 o'clock in the morning and at that point I have no reason drinking Crown and should have been home hours ago

This reminds me of Trout Camp down in PA. We started around noon Friday and finally went to bed around 3am. Lots of Crown went down, and thankfully never came back up. April can't get here fast enough.

post-287-0-73586300-1452979621_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zem18
  • Like 1

When I think of bourbon I think of too much money. My classy nights consist of a bottle of Crown or Jameson. Nothing goes down smoother than crown and Coke or Jameson and ginger ale. Never had any of Glenfiddich* or whatever it's called apart from staring at the price tags at the liquor store. I'm 22.