Turkey Hunting in Dutchess County

Maritimehunterguy

Good luck bud. Bad time of year to ask that question.

You gotta drive around before season n locate birds. Not many will give em to ya.

Check any accessible spot, start looking for winter flocks in Feb, follow them through March n when they break up you'll know areas to find them.

Now you gotta locate individual birds, hopefully a bunch for back up plans case something/someone spoils an area, to rest areas and to hunt new birds once you've killed one.

Sounds like work? That's why guys don't give em away.

You can sit n call blind but that's not as much fun as knowing they're there as you sit waiting for daylight. Good luck n start lookin

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hey everyone. With everyone in lock down mode, i'm sure most of you are spending your time watching hunting videos, or  thinking about this upcoming spring turkey season. To get you pumped up for the upcoming spring season, I've attached 1 of my YouTube videos from last spring! Now this hunt isn't in NY. This hunt was on the opening morning of the Pennsylvania season. The exciting thing about this hunt is this was the first turkey that i've ever shot with a bow! Something that i've always wanted to do! This is also a two part episode to my PA season, so be sure to watch them both!. Hope ya'll like the video, and that ya'll watch the rest of the videos on my channel! There's also some great whitetail hunting videos as well! After you watch the videos, if you like what you see, would you please subscribe to my YouTube channel and share it with your hunting buddies!? I'm trying to build this channel up and actually make something of it! It would be greatly appreciated! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! God bless and stay healthy! 

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hey Everyone! Who's all ready to bust some thunder chickens upside the head!? Here's a short video to help get you fired up for those spring mornings!
    • By 123
      Here's a fun one, guess the beard length on this little girl.   Before the peanut gallery gets too excited about taking a bearded hen, this was tagged in the fall of 2013 in Philadelphia NY, she was one of about 50 birds roosted on this farm the first week of October. Something between to 37-38 of them was hens. Locales such as my homesteads I'd be hard-pressed to shoot a hen in the fall or bearded hen in either season. On this farm, it would be no big deal to see 100+ birds in November back when I hunted it.

• By Hookhunter20
      Hey guys,
      It's always been a dream of mine to someday run an outfit. I know it's no walk in the park to start up a bussiness, espically in a state like NY but I was wondering if anyone on here has any information and tips they wouldn't mind sharing. 
    • By dbHunterNY
      Free Youth turkey hunt sponsored by Upper Hudson River Valley QDMA and NWTF - Saratoga Chapter!!!  Kids will get free stuff and a hunt!

Must Register by April 1st  !!!