Lifetime License Question

Chumleyhunts

Hey guys, I won at a raffle this weekend a NY Lifetime Hunting License ($535 value per the book). I am trying to make sense of what it will cost me to upgrade to cover Muzzleloader and Archery. Do I need to pay $235 each for the upgrades or will the $235 difference to the Sportsman Lifetime cover me for both?

It's a great prize either way, but not sure of its worth $470 to upgrade the add-ons if I need to.

Kevin

• Like 1

You have to pay for each add on. I believe it's $250 each, no? I added the archery tag because I know I will hunt the archery season every year. The late season I'll buy on a year by year basis depending if I'm going to hunt it that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have to pay for each add on. I believe it's $250 each, no? I added the archery tag because I know I will hunt the archery season every year. The late season I'll buy on a year by year basis depending if I'm going to hunt it that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's a price difference, it might be a result from the price reduction recently to licenses.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Hey guys, I won at a raffle this weekend a NY Lifetime Hunting License ($535 value per the book). I am trying to make sense of what it will cost me to upgrade to cover Muzzleloader and Archery. Do I need to pay $235 each for the upgrades or will the $235 difference to the Sportsman Lifetime cover me for both?

It's a great prize either way, but not sure of its worth $470 to upgrade the add-ons if I need to.

Kevin

I think the sportsman is a hunting, fishing, and maybe trapping license. Bow and muzzle are still super are add-ons. Since I fish more than I hunt, adding $235 for the lifetime fishing is a no brainier for me.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Kevin

If you fish & turkey hunt, pay the difference ($230) between the Hunting and Sportsmans and upgrade to the Sportsmans License.  If you don't have the money to buy the ML'r and Archery Lifetime Licenses, don't sweat it.  You can do that at any point, just make sure you keep an eye on the system and watch for a upcoming price increase.

Even with the Sportsman License,  you need to buy a archery/muzzle loader tag to use those weapons.

Congratulation on a wonderful score!!

This link is pretty good.........

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6099.html

• Like 2

Quick note, I purchased the lifetime sportsman (which included Big game, small game,  turkey and fresh water fishing) and Bow, Muzzleloader and Trapping years ago.  The budget hit was high.

But today, many years later and the money long gone, I really appreciate it and am very very happy I spent the money to get lifetime everything. 

All I have to do every year is apply for my free doe permits.  I never have to worry about what the DEC is doing with the prices or license combinations.  I'm done and set!

I know this does not answer your question about the total costs of the add ons (bow/muzzleloader and yes I believe they are separate costs) today, but what ever you chose to do, many years from now I think you will be very happy and not regret it.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Same I bought my lifetime license, well my father and grandfather bought it for me as a Xmas gift 17 years ago. It has paid for itself many times over including the free turkey and DMP's.

Also if you get the free DMP's if you want left overs they still won't charge you.

Well worth the money for anyone planning on hunting more than 10 years. If you have kids find a way to get them one especially if they show an interest at a young age. My son will get his next year around x-mas, if you buy before they turn 4 you get a big discount.

• 1 year later...