Crossbow exemptions for those over 60

Dave

I know there is a lot of discussion on the use of crossbows. Especially those in the bow hunting camp. But that being said what about allowing those 60 and over given an exemption to use the crossbow all bow season. Seems we are making many exemptions for youth hunting but what about the elderly hunters who have filled the coffers all these years. They have paid their dues and should be afforded an exemption also. JMHO

• Like 9

Right now the only option available is getting a modified archery permit but you need certification from your doctor. And this enables you to use a Draw-loc, which attaches to your compound bow and holds the string back in a drawn position. I have the permit and the Draw-loc but find it very awkward and cumbersome to use. But this is the only legal option for the first two weeks of archery.

I will be 59 in four months, have two bad shoulders, and other health issues. But I think crossbow should be open, for all of archery season, for EVERYONE! Young, old  or otherwise! Have it so you need the bow course, as it is more similar to bow than to a muzzle loader. At this point, there really is no reason, not to have full inclusion for the crossbow for 2016!

• Like 3

No exemption bc of age just put in archery season where it belongs....otherwise I'd take the early muzzle season bc only way my dad will get out while the weather is real nice he can't draw a compound and isn't "disabled" so no permit

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

so lets put in guns and f up everyone else right?

• Like 1

It is either archery equipment or it is not.

Age/physical condition of user does not determine equipment classification.

If I were to classify a crossbow, it would be with archery equipment. Pretty simple I think. So full inclusion is the way to go.

• Like 6

so lets put in guns and f up everyone else right?

Or xbow guess the serious archers will have to decide for the lesser of 2 evils...

O and btw I love archery season I love the quiet time in woods without the guns....but I love hunting with my old man more so if xbows dont get full inclusion I'm all for early muzzle

• Like 2

If they ever get cross-bows up to 500 fps , maybe I would join the support . Until then , I will just keep plugging away with my slow compound .

As would I but it's not just about me...xbow is a bow no reason it can't be included in the fun for warm, quiet, easily patterned deer of early October....I don't think it should be that big of a debate much worse stuff to worry about with our dec

• Like 2