The Hairy Trout Buck

5.9cummins

What a beautiful work of art! Your buddy has an awesome keepsake, of a great buck, AND a talented, good friend! So nice on a number of levels.

I could spend 20 years, trying to make something like that. And it wouldn't be half as nice.

Great job!

Dang....drawing??? Engraved??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Its a wood burning - pyrography. Its burned into the piece of wood with an instrument that is somewhat like a soldering iorn.

One question... How did it get the name hairy trout buck? I'm Interested

His name is Josh and he is one of my college roomates. His nickname is trout (his handle on here). I bust his chops about that thing he calls a beard (although Im not one to talk).

So I named it the Hairy Trout (Now you can get your mind out of the gutter :rofl: )

That looks great, and I think it's an excellent way to commemorate the experience...

Is this a hobby, or do you also do the work professionally.

Hobby really. Ive done a couple pieces for money but not a lot.

That's amazing. How much would you charge to do one for me? I'd like to get one done as a gift for my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive thought about charging for them but it wouldnt be cheep. Im not sure I could do that any cheeper than $400.

• Like 2