SPCA ran into my fourth amendment

Tacti_Steve

A complaint is cause to go see if there is cause. It's not a warrant. It is not in the case of a "skinny dog" cause to go search when you can't see a dog. It is cause to go see what can be seen by the public (person complaining) and ask about the dog. Then if they can see something that generates cause for a search they can search.

• Like 1

A complaint is cause to go see if there is cause. It's not a warrant. It is not in the case of a "skinny dog" cause to go search when you can't see a dog. It is cause to go see what can be seen by the public (person complaining) and ask about the dog. Then if they can see something that generates cause for a search they can search.

No…If there is a report of animal abuse in progress, then time is essential. If they wait too long to act, the animal may suffer or die. It takes a long time to draw up a search warrant and then find a judge to sign it. Im not taking sides, just telling you how it is. Even though it sounds crazy, its the same thing as someone reporting that there is a person unconscious, behind the bushes, and out of sight, in your back yard. They won't wait for your permission or a search warrant to go onto your property to check.

• Like 1

That's an assumption of guilt. No dog is worth more than my rights. My dog is a tool. Just like my gun. Now don't get me wrong it's alive and needs to be treated with respect. But I paid less for it than I did some of my guns. According to the IRS it's a business asset.

www.HuntingTactical.com

Modern Gear for Modern Hunters

[email protected]

That's an assumption of guilt. No dog is worth more than my rights. My dog is a tool. Just like my gun. Now don't get me wrong it's alive and needs to be treated with respect. But I paid less for it than I did some of my guns. According to the IRS it's a business asset.

www.HuntingTactical.com

[email protected]

Its not exactly an assumption of guilt, just like a search warrant isn't an assumption of guilt. Im Just telling you how it is

A warrant is an assumption of guilt. That is why there are such heavy checks on them being issued. Take for example the first arrest under the SAFE Act in Linvingston county that was dropped by the DA. The officer suspected there was a gun under the sweatshirt on the seat. He had reason to believe there was a gun there. That was not cause to search the magazine and find 10 rounds in it. 

Granted if they got a complaint that there was someone actively beating a dog and they showed up and could hear you doing it. That would be reason to investigate. But they show up and cannot see or hear you in the yard (or the dog) (like the lights on in the house) that is not reason to investigate the yard. That is reason to go knock on the door. 

• Like 1

A warrant is an assumption of guilt. That is why there are such heavy checks on them being issued. Take for example the first arrest under the SAFE Act in Linvingston county that was dropped by the DA. The officer suspected there was a gun under the sweatshirt on the seat. He had reason to believe there was a gun there. That was not cause to search the magazine and find 10 rounds in it. 

Granted if they got a complaint that there was someone actively beating a dog and they showed up and could hear you doing it. That would be reason to investigate. But they show up and cannot see or hear you in the yard (or the dog) (like the lights on in the house) that is not reason to investigate the yard. That is reason to go knock on the door. 

OK…File a law suit, on the grounds that your 4th amendment rights were violated….Let me know how you make out.

I'm not looking to make enemies in the sheriff's department. I can let bygones be bygones. I made myself heard and understood to both agencies and the case is closed. I started this thread to share what happened and open a little good old internet debate.

www.HuntingTactical.com

[email protected]

• Like 4

Just life experiences to make a point...That is actually what happens when people live life around a variety of people and places...for the good or bad of it.(nothing is bad ,if you look at it properly) It can widen your awareness,expand your knowledge,and empower you......Go figure

• Like 1

Just life experiences to make a point...That is actually what happens when people live life around a variety of people and places...for the good or bad of it.(nothing is bad ,if you look at it properly) It can widen your awareness,expand your knowledge,and empower you......Go figure

How long have you been in your current home?

Belo I know where your trying to go with that question,so predictable......lol

Now being 58yrs old I will tell you this, I have lived:

Dansville, Groveland, Rochester,Florida,Piffard, Conesus Lake( 2x's)(lakeville)Perkinsville,Caledonia, Avon, and finally Non of your business.

Now in those years I worked with the public in Dansville,Avon,Geneseo,Macedon,Piffard,Livonia,Naples.

Went to school in Dansville, Geneseo, Orlando, York, Alfred and Mt. Morris

I could ask you to list your life resume', but I really have no interest. I hope I quenched your interest in mine. That would end the nastiness I see you attempting to ignite and I have no further interest in...though you may get some bites to please you.

Almost left out.. driven , not flown through the east coast states 8x's,through north east Canada,across the southern states to California and back through the mid/northern states 2x's and Mexico.

Edited by growalot